EC Review Times

DragonflyTotem

I know that "actual mileage will vary" in the review of ECs depending upon a lot of things. Having said that I know about how long it takes for traditional caches in my area of Virginia, and was just wondering if there is a typical or average length of time for the review of an EC submission? It is more like days, or weeks or even longer?

Tomorrow I hope to submit my first one...can you tell that I'm excited about it? :D

I know that "actual mileage will vary" in the review of ECs depending upon a lot of things. Having said that I know about how long it takes for traditional caches in my area of Virginia, and was just wondering if there is a typical or average length of time for the review of an EC submission? It is more like days, or weeks or even longer?

Tomorrow I hope to submit my first one...can you tell that I'm excited about it? :D

I am on the other end of Virginia, one of my EC's took a few day, one a week or longer, one can not be published at this time because of White Nose Syndrome in Bats in our area and The National Speleological Society of the USA will not approve it as visits are not reccomended to Caves in the area.

Good Luck.

I have one that I submitted three weeks ago, it still is not approved and I don't think it will be. I have changed it three times and added more and more earth science per the advice of the reviewer but still nothing. Now it has been over a week since I submitted it the last time. I just don't understand it, my earth cache has more earth science in it than three or four of the ones I have completed combined. I just don't get it. I have two more I want to submit but I'm beginning to think "forget it".

I have one that I submitted three weeks ago, it still is not approved and I don't think it will be. I have changed it three times and added more and more earth science per the advice of the reviewer but still nothing. Now it has been over a week since I submitted it the last time. I just don't understand it, my earth cache has more earth science in it than three or four of the ones I have completed combined. I just don't get it. I have two more I want to submit but I'm beginning to think "forget it".

Maybe now that they've spread the workload around a bit, they can afford to pay a bit more attention to individual listings? Don't take it personally if you don't get approved on first submission.

IMHO kwhart, some of the older EC's are just not as tough as the new ones. I belive that the reviewers are doing a better job. Also their work load seems to have increased. Just make sure that everything meets requirements, and wait. No need to contact your reviewer, they will contact you if there is a problem. :D As far as the forget it part, well after I get my Platnium level EC Master, I may not develop anymore either.

Congratulations! I've had Earthcaches published in less than a day after I submitted them, and others published after 2 or 3 weeks. A lot of it depends on the reviewers' backlog. Of course things will also be delayed if they have to come back to you for revisions, or if they have delays confirming approval from the land manager.

When you get it approved, how 'bout posting a link here so we can see it? Looking forward to it.

I'm still waiting to get my submitted -- I have everything written up and just need an additional trip to the GZ to check on a couple of things. I'd planned on doing it today but last night I asked my 9 year old daughter if she wanted to go caching today and although she usual says no this time she asked if I was going to go looking for more of those earthcache things I've been talking about. So we went down to Jockey's Ridge GC13FZ7 in NC and she got her first ever EC, and it was my fourth for me! All in all I think that today was a good trade-off in waiting another day to submit to hear her say that she really likes earthcaches! :D

I'm still waiting to get my submitted -- I have everything written up and just need an additional trip to the GZ to check on a couple of things. I'd planned on doing it today but last night I asked my 9 year old daughter if she wanted to go caching today and although she usual says no this time she asked if I was going to go looking for more of those earthcache things I've been talking about. So we went down to Jockey's Ridge GC13FZ7 in NC and she got her first ever EC, and it was my fourth for me! All in all I think that today was a good trade-off in waiting another day to submit to hear her say that she really likes earthcaches! :D

An excellent trade off!

Okay, now I need some help! I got a response from Geoaware regarding my cache and his suggestion was that I need an additional "task that they have to do on site and can't get the information from another source...like getting them to describe the water at the location etc."

I do feel pretty good though that this was the only real issue (I had a photo requirement that he suggested I remove, suggesting it detracts from my other questions) and so think that I could be very close to being able to get it approved.

I already have several questions that can only be answered from checking something on site, but I need some creative assistance regarding a task. The cache is on the Chesapeake Bay, looking out over the bay. I could simply ask them to describe the water at the location, but frankly they could simply say anything couldn't they?

Any suggestions about something else that I could ask them to do? I'd like it to be a "real" task other than just some sort of vague task that anyone could say they did.

Okay, now I need some help! I got a response from Geoaware regarding my cache and his suggestion was that I need an additional "task that they have to do on site and can't get the information from another source...like getting them to describe the water at the location etc."

I do feel pretty good though that this was the only real issue (I had a photo requirement that he suggested I remove, suggesting it detracts from my other questions) and so think that I could be very close to being able to get it approved.

I already have several questions that can only be answered from checking something on site, but I need some creative assistance regarding a task. The cache is on the Chesapeake Bay, looking out over the bay. I could simply ask them to describe the water at the location, but frankly they could simply say anything couldn't they?

Any suggestions about something else that I could ask them to do? I'd like it to be a "real" task other than just some sort of vague task that anyone could say they did.

Give us a little more info about what the Earthcache is about, what the site is like. I'm sure with a bit more info the folks in this forum could come up with some neat ideas.

It looks like the answer to my original question is that it may take as little as just a few hours to get an approval!

I had a flash of inspiration and ran it past Geoaware who agreed that it was a great change (but am pleased to say that he would have approved the listing as it was!!!).

So I have my first EarthCache:

Chesapeake Bay Watershed - GC2CKD1

Cool! I'm planning a trip to Chesapeake Bay for next summer.

It looks like the answer to my original question is that it may take as little as just a few hours to get an approval!

I had a flash of inspiration and ran it past Geoaware who agreed that it was a great change (but am pleased to say that he would have approved the listing as it was!!!).

Great, you'll find that we have several ECs within a reasonable proximity, a of course lots of traditional caches nearby!

Congrats drdan01, my first one was published today also, GC2BKJQ. Way to go, and thanks Earth Cache and Groundspeak. I love doing Earth Caches!! I always wanted to be a geologist, so maybe now I can be an "amateur" geologist! I'm taking an online course "geology 101", maybe I'll actually learn something.

Congrats drdan01, my first one was published today also, GC2BKJQ. Way to go, and thanks Earth Cache and Groundspeak. I love doing Earth Caches!! I always wanted to be a geologist, so maybe now I can be an "amateur" geologist! I'm taking an online course "geology 101", maybe I'll actually learn something.

And congrats to you as well! Neat that we not only both got them approved, but on the same day even!

I live in Eastern Washington State and have placed (2) in this general area within the past week.

The first was in the Spokane Valley area and the other in Northern Idaho. I posted the one in Northern Idaho last night at 9pm PST and it was published at 6am PST today. The Spokane Valley one took a couple days. It would have been sooner but I had made a logging requirement that was no longer one, so it took an extra day.

I do know that Geoaware is in charge on the reviewing aspect. I did have GeoawareUSA1 publish both. I would assume they two are one in the same, maybe?

Hopefully this helps out. Just remember these guys volunteer their time. So be patient, I hate waiting too!

:) 30 minutes, 90 minutes what?? I know an Geocacher, he is waiting since 17.08.2010 for reviewing the new EC (GC2DEHD) where is the problem in germany

That's quite simple. There are way too many Earthcache submissions in the German speaking countries.

The working load of the reviewers is thus considerably higher and moreover both of them also act as reviewers for physical caches which is not the case for all their Earthcache reviewer colleagues.

Recently one of the two reviewers for Earthcaches in Austria, Germany, Switzerland and Liechtenstein mentioned that they need to invest an ever increasing amount of time for explaining cachers who submit an Earthcache that geology relates site-specific (not just some arbitary text from the www) is a must for an Earthcache.

In Germany there is a tendency to take whatever could be potentially turned into an Earthcache and submit a cache. In most other parts of the world, Earthcaches are mainly set up by those who really want to direct visitors to unique locations and want to teach them about geology. Many Earthcache submissions (of course not all!) in Germany create the impression that the owner does not care about geology and rather uses Earthcaches because virtual caches are not allowed any longer on gc.com or because he/she wishes to end up with 1, 2 or 3 own Earthcaches to achieve the respective silver, gold or platinum level.

Cezanne

I am wondering if there is a problem with getting EC's reviewed at the moment. I have previously had 16 EC's published and have never waited this long - unless there was a problem which was communicated to me by the Reviewer.

I submitted 2 fairly straightforward EC's in Australia for review and in a week have not heard anything from the Reviewer that there may be a problem with either of them. Is anybody else having similar hold-ups or is it only me [or Australia] perhaps? :ph34r:

Just asking. :D:(

Hi, I have submitted two new Earth Caches for Vietnam and would like to know how long before I could expect a response. So far it has been a week and would like to know if I need to do more to the listings or not. These are my first Earth Cache listings so would expect to have to tweak them a little but with no feedback it is making it hard.

I am wondering if there is a problem with getting EC's reviewed at the moment. I have previously had 16 EC's published and have never waited this long - unless there was a problem which was communicated to me by the Reviewer.

I submitted 2 fairly straightforward EC's in Australia for review and in a week have not heard anything from the Reviewer that there may be a problem with either of them. Is anybody else having similar hold-ups or is it only me [or Australia] perhaps? :anibad:

Just asking. :grin::sad:

Same here in South Africa - submitted on 20 October and have heard nothing, not even a comment or question.

If you have heard nothing...then just wait as they are in the queue that we are working through. If you have been asked to make changes, you need to re-activate your submission (enable) so it gets back into the review queue.

Some of the review team have been traveling, away for family issues and even helping the aftermath of a devastating earthquake. Please be patient with us as we are catching up!

If you have heard nothing...then just wait as they are in the queue that we are working through. If you have been asked to make changes, you need to re-activate your submission (enable) so it gets back into the review queue.

Some of the review team have been traveling, away for family issues and even helping the aftermath of a devastating earthquake. Please be patient with us as we are catching up!

Thanks for the explanation - will now be patient B):)

I made my living In the field of water quality/aquatic ecology and this EC is right on. In fact it gave me a few ideas on setting up my next one. Cache on!

ade my living In the field of water quality/aquatic ecology and this EC is right on. In fact it gave me a few ideas on setting up my next one. Cache on!

Great! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Edited by drdan01

Still nothing from a reviewer in over 4 weeks. Has anyone had a EC published in the last four weeks?

Still nothing from a reviewer in over 4 weeks. Has anyone had a EC published in the last four weeks?

I believe that the Aus/NZ reviewer is based in Christchurch and has been experiencing major problems since the earthquake there a while ago. When I contacted geoaware directly he informed me of the delay with Australian EC's - I had 2 Aus EC's that were up for review. They were eventually published after about 4 weeks wait.

I believe that the Aus/NZ reviewer is based in Christchurch and has been experiencing major problems since the earthquake there a while ago. When I contacted geoaware directly he informed me of the delay with Australian EC's - I had 2 Aus EC's that were up for review. They were eventually published after about 4 weeks wait.

Thank you for that, Hopfuly everything is ok in NZ and things can get back to normal soon.

I submitted an earthcache a month ago for an amazing place I went to in Laos, but it hasn't been reviewed at all yet- is such a long wait with nary a peep normal?

I suppose I'm mainly worried because there are all of 5 caches so far in the entire country and this would be the first earthcache, so I wonder whether it's even been noticed or whatever. But then I maintain the Victoria Falls earthcache in Zimbabwe and that got approval within days, so I'm not certain what's going on here.

Thank you for that, Hopfuly everything is ok in NZ and things can get back to normal soon.

There has been three Earthcaches published on this side of the ditch (post earthquake). They have been published by geoaware rather than geoawareANZAC. So it looks like geoaware is taking up the slack while the usual reviewer is otherwise engaged.