I suggest you get your Moses Lake CM rooms now

travisl

Today was the first day I started looking at hotel room prices for the Moses Lake Cache Machine. The cheapest place I'd consider was the 1-star Super 8 for $56. (The Lake Shore Inn has a really bad review on Expedia.) I've had luck with Priceline in the past, and BetterBidding.com didn't list anything for Moses Lake, so I didn't have a good starting point for bidding.

Priceline only lists four 2-star hotels: Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn Ramada, and Best Western. TripAdvisor ranks them as #1, #2, #13, and #14, respectively. I checked the reviews for each of them, and found each to be acceptable. The cheapest -- Ramada -- was listed at $73 a night.

My Entertainment book also has a $10/night bonus cash coupon. So, lowballing it, I bid $40, plus the $10 coupon. Tomorrow I'll go to $41, then $42, then keep going up until I get it or it gets too expensive.

One problem. My bid got accepted. Oddly, it's not at a hotel listed in Priceline. $40 a night for the Moses Lake Shilo Inn, ranked #3 at TripAdvisor.

If you're planning to stay in Moses Lake, I'd jump on this offer. I can't see it getting any cheaper, unless my bid was still too high.

the only event related to the cache machine will be an event for the dinner after the cache machine and that doesn't get posted for a little while longer.

Bingo. You can't post organized cache hunts as events -- but you can event-ize the dinner afterwards.

The MLCM will be September 25. I usually post the dinner event (as a new event cache) and the announcement of the CM (as a forum post) about 6 weeks prior to the event. I'd start keeping an eye out next week.

I just booked the Super 8 in Moses Lake for $51.75/night through AAA (nonrefundable advance purchase) for the CM. Total for 2 nights is $127.30, not much more than one night at some others there. Super 8 has mixed reviews that seem to be either stellar or dismal, but more positive recently, so taking my chances.

We're booked at the Motel 6. Three of us for $107 (two nights). :)

I just booked a single. Motel 6 rocks! $40 plus tax, one night, their old person price. Hope it doesn't rock so much it keeps me awake.

Well, dang. Motel 6 didn't come up for me in either AAA or TripAdvisor. C'est la vie.

We're booked at the Motel 6. Three of us for $107 (two nights). :)

I just booked a single. Motel 6 rocks! $40 plus tax, one night, their old person price. Hope it doesn't rock so much it keeps me awake.

Well, dang. Motel 6 didn't come up for me in either AAA or TripAdvisor. C'est la vie.

I just Googled it (Motel 6 Moses Lake WA) and there it was, phone #, map and all.

We're booked at the Motel 6. Three of us for $107 (two nights). :P

I just Googled it (Motel 6 Moses Lake WA) and there it was, phone #, map and all.

That's what I get for using sites that ostensibly tell you all the hotels and compare them. :)

We're booked at the Motel 6. Three of us for $107 (two nights). :P

That's what I get for using sites that ostensibly tell you all the hotels and compare them. :)