How do I accurately account for "excursions" between caches?

CactusJax

Hey - if you're going to be up around the sporting event, surely there's a cache nearby.

First, check and make sure it's OK with the bug's owner, but you can take the bug with you to the cache, take some pretty digital pictures of the bug scoping out the area. When you get back home, log it INTO the cache that you found by the sporting event, and then IMMEDIATELY grab it back out again. It's still in your possession, and the miles will be reflected for the trip when you finally place it in the cache that you'll walk away from.

Again, though, check and make sure that this is OK with the bug's owner.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

Hmmm... even if you don't find the cache near the event, you could drop the bug in the cache with a not found log, and then pick him up again. Kinda seems bizzare, though. Anyone else got thoughts on this?

quote:
Originally posted by Juanbob:

I have a bug I am thinking of taking with me to Spain. I will only be there for 1 day and will not have time to leave it in a cache.

If I get pictures, should I up them to the bug's page, laminate small copies and attatch to the bug, or both?

Juanbob icon_eek.gif

I would check with the bug owner but if it was my bug I would certainly want to see pictures onthe page because I may never see the bug "in real life" again. If it was my bug I wouldn't care if you attached laminated pictures but some people's opinions differ

quote:
Originally posted by Juanbob:

I have a bug I am thinking of taking with me to Spain. I will only be there for 1 day and will not have time to leave it in a cache.

If I get pictures, should I up them to the bug's page, laminate small copies and attatch to the bug, or both?

Juanbob icon_eek.gif

I would check with the bug owner but if it was my bug I would certainly want to see pictures onthe page because I may never see the bug "in real life" again. If it was my bug I wouldn't care if you attached laminated pictures but some people's opinions differ