MapSource Help

budbon

I'm new to all of this so have plenty of questions.

I downloaded some maps grom gpsfile and by using cGPSMapper and mapset toolkit finally got the files to load into Mapsource. Now when I open Mapsourse and clich on Colorado 4wd (my naming) I don't get any reference map in the right screen, just some solid lines on a blank background. I am assuming I loaded some sort of overlay that is not overlaying anything. Can you help?

Also, under the :Select a Product" tab I have a file there I would like to delete. How is that done? I've used the help files to no avail. Any help appreciated.

I'm new to all of this so have plenty of questions.

I downloaded some maps grom gpsfile and by using cGPSMapper and mapset toolkit finally got the files to load into Mapsource. Now when I open Mapsourse and clich on Colorado 4wd (my naming) I don't get any reference map in the right screen, just some solid lines on a blank background. I am assuming I loaded some sort of overlay that is not overlaying anything. Can you help?

Also, under the :Select a Product" tab I have a file there I would like to delete. How is that done? I've used the help files to no avail. Any help appreciated.

More appropriate to be asking on the gpsfiledepot forums.

Which specific mapsets and what specifically are you trying to do? Most are self installing so you should not need either program.

Did the description of the mapset say it was an overlay/transparent?

If the map(s) are overlay/transparent, there will be no overview/reference map to view in MapSource. If you zoom in enough the actually data will display. The lines are probably the selection/segment/quad outlines.

MapSource only allows one mapset to be viewed at a time. An overlay mapset works with another mapset(s) on the GPSr. The options you have for sending the data to the GPSr depend on which GPSr you have.

As myotis said, you can use MapSetTookKit to remove a mapset. CAUTION: MapSource has some files (mapsets) which come with it; if you delete these MapSource may not function. The mapsets which are self installing should have an uninstall program specific to that mapset in the folder with the mapset data files.

Be as specific as you can as not all the mapsets are created nor function the same way.

OK, I've been frying my brain (doesn't take a lot of heat) and am finally figuring out the relationship between the mapsets and MapSource. I guess like my other hobbies of photography, photo editing and such, once you learn a few terms and figure out the relationship of one part to the other, the pieces start to make since. Still, I don't think this will be my last dumb question.