Wales' Youngest Geocacher?

Hi Guys,

Very new to the site - and planning my first cache outing with my three boys Saturday (31/07/10), the youngest of which is 15 months old. this got me thinking - could he be the youngest Geocacher in Wales? Please let me know if there are others of similar age - or younger! Photos of our trip will be included next week....

Not in Wales but Marshm-Ella started caching at the age of 6 months. She has found 8 so far. She writes her own logs too :laughing:

That's pretty impressive!! Mind you having seen your cache history - it seems we have a long way to get to your level!! methinks we'd better get started!! :shocked:

Well, our youngest 'found' a cache within a week of coming home from Hospital after she was born! I'm sure there's younger as she was in for about 3 weeks with one thing or another, mostly linked to incompetence. :angry:

The first cache she GENUINELY found was Iron Mad Wilkinson at the tender age of 10 months. At that point she DID have a slight advantage of being closer to the ground. :shocked:

But of course, she's not Welsh. :laughing:

Well... Kent has a new geocacher....

Ivan is the son of Little Miss Naughty and Million Candle Power, and was born this morning - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Skippy and Pingu's twins - Pinga and Roo were caching at a few weeks old, complete with logs.

Ivan is the son of Little Miss Naughty and Million Candle Power, and was born this morning - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Congrats to LMN &Mcp!

Shouldn't curtail caching too much yet, but when he gets bigger it'll get harder to do the more involved or higher terrain caches. i can heartily recommend a carrier or a STURDY 3-wheel chariot (not on of those fashion pushchairs)

Ivan is the son of Little Miss Naughty and Million Candle Power, and was born this morning - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Congrats to LMN &Mcp!

Shouldn't curtail caching too much yet, but when he gets bigger it'll get harder to do the more involved or higher terrain caches. i can heartily recommend a carrier or a STURDY 3-wheel chariot (not on of those fashion pushchairs)

Congrats to LMN &Mcp!

Have to disagree, inflatable wheels large wheels is important... 4 is even better than 3 but hard to find!

mutsy_171x192.jpg

Now for the action shot :lol:

0360727f-e04f-4629-b770-6ef5855b1a92.jpg

Down a high street you can push it with one hand easily no fighting to keep that center wheel on track.. Ok it does not have the turning circle, but you can attach "shopping wheels" when the urge takes you B) ...

The only thing that stopped it with me was stiles :D and trees or posts so close together you could not fit it through :cool: ... Although in really soft mud you have to drag it backwards, although by that stage you are normally ankle deep and worries about keep your boots on yourself :D ...

Congrats to LMN &Mcp!

Congrats to LMN &Mcp!

CONGRATULATIONS

WIth regard to buggy I have to disagree, inflatable wheels, large wheels is important... 4 is even better than 3 but hard to find!

mutsy_171x192.jpg

Now for the action shot :lol:

0360727f-e04f-4629-b770-6ef5855b1a92.jpg

Down a high street you can push it with one hand easily no fighting to keep that center wheel on track.. Ok it does not have the turning circle, but you can attach "shopping wheels" when the urge takes you B) ...

The only thing that stopped it with me was stiles :D and trees or posts so close together you could not fit it through :cool: ... Although in really soft mud you have to drag it backwards, although by that stage you are normally ankle deep and worries about keep your boots on yourself :D ...

WIth regard to buggy I have to disagree, inflatable wheels, large wheels is important... 4 is even better than 3 but hard to find!

Not really disagreeing - the Large wheels are what make the difference! I think they're 12 or 16" on ours and really free running. It makes even large boulders easy (well, sort of). Beautifully balanced too - only the lightest of downward pressure lifts the front. No good for shopping though!

I used to think that those things were pointless, but I've changed my mind.

Now for the action shots! :)

b23f2e71-2f79-4a83-b2b7-42c072aaf149.jpg

Bell Hill Boogie before we got an appropriate pushchair. It was hard work going up a lane where the path was an eroded 18" strip between nettle & bramble hedges about 3ft apart. The 'Not suitable for buggies' icon has never put us off.

18063_311352431832_591611832_4561817_2006775_n.jpg

And a more appropriate chariot for proper hills. Barrow, overlooking Derwent water on the 2nd wettest day of last year - the campsite at the bottom of this hill made the national news by being washed away that day. :)

Freecycle/Freegle is your friend. B)

I am totally in awe of all you young parents pushing buggies on tracks like those.

Even if Geocaching was around when my two boys (29yrs & 20yrs now )were in pushchairs (Well .... that’s what we called em then) I still don’t think I would have even contemplated doing it. :)

What a brilliant introduction to the great outdoors your kids are getting.

I never got broody even when it was feasible B) (I’m an old dude now) but I did kinda envy you a bit when i saw the action buggy pictures ..............(but only for a bit)

Fair play to you all.

Would this make it across a rough terrain I wonder? :)

17249-small.jpg