Newbie Geocacher looking for an inexpensive GPS

My family is new to geocacahing. We borrowed a Garmin Nuvi to do a hunt and loved it. We dont have a ton of money to spend, but are still very interested in getting our own GPS to do some more hunts! We dont have a phone able to navigate to coordiantes, and the gps unit I have is a Magellan and you cant enter coordinates. Can someone give me some advice or maybe even offer a used GPS unit?

Thanks

hi i have a garmin 60cx listed in garage sale i'm asking 180.00 shipped there are a couple pics. only reason i'm sell is i up grade. it also comes with topo i will also take offers on it. if i don't sell by sunday its going on ebay. check it out. iclight0 cache on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps its has a base map and the topo map runs from illinois to the east coast and south

you can email me at iclight0@hotmail.com

Edited by iclight0

Beth,

I have a unit that may be a very good deal, depending on how much you want to spend. It's all about value, ya know? We recently upgraded my wife's GPSr to a new Oregon 450, so I am looking to sell her previous unit, an eTrex Legend HCx. This Legend has seen very light use, and is in pristine, as new condition. It comes with a Garmin neoprene case, and has City Navigator NT 2009.10 maps, so you can do turn by turn navigation...as well as geocaching. I still have the original box, manuals and everything that came with it from Garmin. As I said, the unit is in superb condition, and you would be hard pressed to tell that it is not brand new.

If you are interested, I will sell the unit for $130.00 shipped to you. You can contact me by leaving me a message via this site. If you like, I can take some photos and email them to you. Good luck in your hunt. Believe me, once you get started caching, this would only be your first GPSr!