Cointest-Survival Footbal 2010- TRIPLE THE FUN!

rickctroop13

(S)aint it a bummer!

1 Strike: Isjustus4 leaving..iju4, Mauison. Mile High Country, and ThaSaint shocked...

2 Strike: The BeenGals strike again... making end to perfection of Itsjustus4 & Mauison2 and wiping out BigK & KungfuHippie... E&C flatlined with not enough Chargers left in the paddles....

3 Strike: A season high 9 dings (so far, one NYJ pick for Monday nite)- 5 Sincy, 3 Bolts, and a Saints...

We'll go down this week... kinda like Da Bears & Chargers who dragged out Big K and severely damaged Bronco Mania in 3-Strike. ... 16 standing, 2 unscathed...

In 2 Strike it was all about the Giants & Steelers who came through.... 9 standing with 6 unblemished...

And for 1 Strike, see comment for 2 Strike... still 6 standing....

Mid-day comment:

Holy Schmoley! Looked for a minute like 1- Strike was done! Buff. crosses mid-field in OT... wipeout for 4 pickers a few yards and a 'foot' away from 2 devastating upsets... instead we're left with the Browns dunning the Saints and 4 pickers Ravin' about Baltimore's 'D'!

Sorry Yime. And doesn't look like I'm gonna survive the Broncos playing like they're plain high...

Edited by rickctroop13

Old Edgar Allen himself couldn't pen a more Poe-etic end to the Bills, ALMOST a Telltale Heartache for a whole lot of players who are now instead enjoying a victory glass of Amontillado...and the Horror shows in Denver and New Orleans got a few saying "Nevermore"....

2-Strike: Goodbye to Mauison (Saints) & Go Eagles (Broncs)... 1st hit for Yime (Aints) and GoGints & Almost Perfect (Bronchials). 4 winners all eeeeekd out Ravens' survival...

3-Strike: 8 squeaked with Ravens. Almost perfect & FossilFielders say bye-bye. Yime picks up 1st strike, while GoGints, Irwado & Mauison got 2nd.

1-Strike: above post says it all. Talk about mood swings- Baltimore about to wipe out group as Denver getting ready to kick off. Minutes later Buffalo Ills and Broncos down by 21 halfway through 1st quqrter.

Almost an epic week....

Picks in?

( apologies to Harry Nilsson, and a :rolleyes: and a :lol: to Yime...)

Hit the Yime in the coconut, tried to wake him up,

Hit the Yime in the coconut, for picks the time was up,

Hit the Yime in the coconut, checked the standings in the mooorning.....

But it was:

One strike

No pick we'll see ya mate!

and on to Two strike

same deal and the same fate!

then there was Three strike

Just hanging by a thread....

The restarted 1 strike is over. Tampa got a bunch of people in all of the 2 and 3 strike versions.

The Golden Child was unable to beat Oakland, which was good since I had Oakland picked in all three versions.

Congrats on your second chance win!!! Still sending coin to the HS? (will wait for all results to be in so you an get one big package! :rolleyes:

Edited by rickctroop13

2-strike down to Ashallond, Boiler-Todd, and Bronco Mania 2... all have different picks this week so a chance for movement there!

3-strike Ashallond leads with 1 strike (all the way back in week # 1 !!!), Kungfuhippy leads those with 2 strikes with Pittsburgh in the bag, Irwando Mountain Racer & St Moose counting on Philly to keep them going (along with Ash counting on them to hold his lead) and Eagles/Cowboys hoping Chargers have enough juice to keep hope alive..

No idea.

The fact that Philly lost is a complete shocker to me.

This does however clean up the 3 strike immensely.

Resetting league- all can pick for 'ha-has', but only Ashallond, Boiler-Todd, and Bronco Mania 2 can win.

Couldn't reset as a 1 strike, so we'll play it through as a 2 and if tied after playoffs will do a 'secret' pick for Super Bowl like ended up doing last season.

Status for this week:

2 Strike.

Ashallond: New Orleans

boiler-todd: New Orleans

no help here to resolve this one. On to next week.

3 Strike.

Ashallond: New Orleans

kungfuhippie: New Orleans

And...right now, Seattle is winning 31-20 with the ball driving.

This could get messy fast.

That being said, if NO loses, I'd like to float the idea of a massive tie for all, and if rick's ok with it, I'd just take 1 coin between the two games since I already won the reset 1 strike, and let boiler-todd and kungfuhippie each get a coin. (if they are ok with it as well)

If rick wants to make us all go to a winner, then that's his call. I just offered this as a possibility, since we may ALL lose this week.

(Go Seahawks by the way....this is my NFL team that I do root for, but yeah, they have too many needs. this is unreal right now.)

That being said, if NO loses, I'd like to float the idea of a massive tie for all, and if rick's ok with it, I'd just take 1 coin between the two games since I already won the reset 1 strike, and let boiler-todd and kungfuhippie each get a coin. (if they are ok with it as well)

If rick wants to make us all go to a winner, then that's his call. I just offered this as a possibility, since we may ALL lose this week.

Sounds good to me... I can't afford to pull out any (more)hair figuring & reconfiguring (the kids have the market cornered on that). Plus I was using 3 of the same coin for all three games so I don't have to try and come up with different ones to send Ash (and my backup is the one I think I sent you last season :blink: )

KFH & Todd, send me your address via my profile email... still got Ash's addy... and have yet to hear from Almostperfect on round 1 so email me through profile too, and I'll get 'em out this week.