Cointest-Survival Footbal 2010- TRIPLE THE FUN!

rickctroop13

Was so exiting last season, started it up for this year! Sent out the invites to last year's gang while GC was down for maintenance, popped on this AM and saw the league well populated already! For anyone else who wants to give it a shot, I created a 'for fun' Yahoo Survival pick em league. All are welcome, no stakes to play. I'll send a coin of my choosing from what happens to be in my collection at end of season to winner.

I'm playing, so in case by some miracle I win the survival, coin will go to 2nd place.

'The original' GCCoinSurvivors is a three strike league (3 wrong picks before you're out). Also set up a 2 strike and a 'one and done' leagues... different Group ID's, same password, same prize structure.

One entry per cacher, per league, please!

GCCoinSurvivors (3 strike league)

Yahoo Group ID# 783

Password heavymetal

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/783

GCCoiners (2 strike league)

Yahoo Group ID# 777

Password heavymetal

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/777

GCCoiners1Strike (one and done)

Yahoo Group ID# 780

Password heavymetal

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/780

Will try to keep all 3 leagues on this single thread.

Good Luck & have fun!

Pre-emptive strike-

Cointest involves joining one (or more) of the Yahoo leagues at above links.

The league is a contest where you pick the winner of one of the weekly NFL (American professional football) games. You pick a team each week for as long as you pick winners. Complete rules are on the Yahoo Survival Football site. Winner is player who gets furthest in season without 3 (or 2 or 1 depending on league) wrong picks.

NOTE ON SETTINGS FOR GETTING PICKS IN- FOR THE 2 & 3 STRIKE LEAGUES PICKS CLOSE 5 MINUTES BEFORE THE FIRST GAME OF THE WEEK (GOTTA WATCH OUT FOR THOSE THURSDAY & SATURDAY GAMES!).

1 STRIKE LEAGUE PICKS IN BY 1:00PM SUNDAY. (A LITTLE MERCY IF YOU FORGET BY 1ST GAME!)

Edited by rickctroop13

Just joined the 1 strike league....

Also, is no1 doing Geocoin fantasy football this year? I havent seen any threads...

I could set a league up if people are interested...

It is going (the same one as last season, presuming the same prize rules) and it is one player short of being able to draft. PM me , & I'm sure commish Tim won't mind if I give you the league ID# & password...

Just joined the 1 strike league....

Also, is no1 doing Geocoin fantasy football this year? I havent seen any threads...

I could set a league up if people are interested...

It is going (the same one as last season, presuming the same prize rules) and it is one player short of being able to draft. PM me , & I'm sure commish Tim won't mind if I give you the league ID# & password...

League is still one team short on drafting (odd number of players, need at least one more to open up draft. 3 spots left overall.

Gonna start a new thread using this message so folks know league is up..

Going by league-

1-Strike: Everybody survived! 11 played it 'Safe' with Tennessee, coulda been momentous if they coughed it up!

2-Strike: 4 picked up first 'K', BigK 86'd by the 49ers, GoosCrew bucked by the Colts, kungfu hippy shocked by the Chargers, and TheQuarter flipped by the BenGals.

3-Strike: Ashallond, BoilerTodd, BigK (again!), kungfu hippy( ditto!) all got zapped by SanDiegone and there was one 'ooopsie! darn it!).

Entertaining first week, don't forget to vote early, vote often!

Our first casualties!!!!

1 Strike says goodbye to FlyEagles & E&CBombers, whose 'Boys got mauled by Tha Bears... TheQuarter whose Ravens got flipped by the Bengals... and StMoose who went ooops! (9 of the 12 survivors Packed it in!)

2 Strike bids adieu to GoosCrew whose Patsies dropped the battle of News. E&C and FlyEagles left the ranks of the unbeaten as the 'Boys remained in ranks of all beaten. (See above for StMoose).

3 Strike, PAGING TEAM MERCHLINSKY! While it's sporting of you to give us all a 2 game head start, we do miss ya! (see above for StMoose)... Minnie made sure that AlmostPerfect is just that, while Dollass got E&C. and TheQuarter was devalued by the Titans. 10 of 12 winners were PackerBackers, and we do have a couple praying for the Saints tonite!

Our first casualties!!!!

1 Strike says goodbye to FlyEagles & E&CBombers, whose 'Boys got mauled by Tha Bears... TheQuarter whose Ravens got flipped by the Bengals... and StMoose who went ooops! (9 of the 12 survivors Packed it in!)

2 Strike bids adieu to GoosCrew whose Patsies dropped the battle of News. E&C and FlyEagles left the ranks of the unbeaten as the 'Boys remained in ranks of all beaten. (See above for StMoose).

3 Strike, PAGING TEAM MERCHLINSKY! While it's sporting of you to give us all a 2 game head start, we do miss ya! (see above for StMoose)... Minnie made sure that AlmostPerfect is just that, while Dollass got E&C. and TheQuarter was devalued by the Titans. 10 of 12 winners were PackerBackers, and we do have a couple praying for the Saints tonite!

Prayer answered. San Frans manicurist fired!

Another picture perfect New England day, A warm breeze, a good deal of sun, and Brady rediscovering Moss...

1 Strike : 9 Pats pickers move along, with 2 Raven mavens. Goos didn't go with the north star in Texas and Cowboys off into the sunset...

2 Strike: 9 more Patriots, 3 more Ravens, & 1 Vikes picks leave everyone safe for another week...

3 Strike: Merch took a called 3rd, and Fossil did an oopsie, everyone else stuck to the formula of NE (10) BAL (5) & MIN (2).

1 Strike: (with apologies to R Dean Taylor) Indiana wants me, Big K cain't go back there :D ... & 7 spared death sentence by 2 pointers by Saints and Falcons...

2 Strike: Philly phlipped The Quarter :laughing: , add the Pack to the 2 point saviors as 9 had one of those 3, including 4 who woul have bid adieu.....

3 Strike: Isjustus4 got Filleted by Philly for 1st strike, while the Eagles landed strike 2 on BigK.... Ohio was nowhere near Almost perfect as the BeenGals got Dog Pounded in Cleveland :laughing: ...

Must say, I enjoy when everyone picks Sunday afternoon games...