site down? or is it me?

foam follower

I read that some portions of Geocaching.com were going to be down for maintenance around July 29th, but now it is August 3rd. I logged on today to see why I wasn't getting my queries and discovered I was no longer a premium member. I never received an email warning me that my membership was nearly over and I also thought I had a couple more months. In any case, I attempted to upgrade my membership again and all I get is "An Error Has Occurred" page. Is the site still down?

I read that some portions of Geocaching.com were going to be down for maintenance around July 29th, but now it is August 3rd. I logged on today to see why I wasn't getting my queries and discovered I was no longer a premium member. I never received an email warning me that my membership was nearly over and I also thought I had a couple more months. In any case, I attempted to upgrade my membership again and all I get is "An Error Has Occurred" page. Is the site still down?

Nope... the site isn't down today. Not for me, anyway.

It sounds to me as though you should create a new thread to deal with the issue of not receiving notification of your Premium Membership expiring. Another member just posted that he also wasn't notified.

Nope... the site isn't down today. Not for me, anyway.

It sounds to me as though you should create a new thread to deal with the issue of not receiving notification of your Premium Membership expiring. Another member just posted that he also wasn't notified.

Clearly there's a conspiracy afoot!

I just tried to upgrade my memership again a few minutes ago and it's still not working. As far as the emails to me to notify me of my membership ending, I always check my spam folder and deleted folder for misguided emails and my haphazardly clicking of the mouse.

it's taking me forever to get on with a windows laptop, gets to "1 item remaining" and sits there for well over 5 minutes. when i use my macbook pro which i am to post this, it's working fine...both using my same network.

I have a windows laptop, and I'm having no problems.

So far no one has been very helpful. This includes the Groundspeak support team. If anyone can be of any assistance, please do so. ClarksinVA wrote "Stillllllllllllllllllll down". This is kind of a vague answer or was that a question? If it's an answer and the site is still down then where did he get this information. GermanSailor gave a link to a website that checks website status, which is great don't get me wrong, but that site doesn't check ALL the hyperlinks at geocaching.com, (LIKE UPGRADE YOUR MEMBERSHIP LINK). luketrocity says to send him my credit card info, You first Luke!!

I am only having problems renewing my membership on the website. Everything else I have been using appears to be working just fine.

So far no one has been very helpful. This includes the Groundspeak support team. If anyone can be of any assistance, please do so. ClarksinVA wrote "Stillllllllllllllllllll down". This is kind of a vague answer or was that a question? If it's an answer and the site is still down then where did he get this information. GermanSailor gave a link to a website that checks website status, which is great don't get me wrong, but that site doesn't check ALL the hyperlinks at geocaching.com, (LIKE UPGRADE YOUR MEMBERSHIP LINK). luketrocity says to send him my credit card info, You first Luke!!

I am only having problems renewing my membership on the website. Everything else I have been using appears to be working just fine.

Actually if you read my post...I clearly quoted someone saying that they can not renew their membership. My reply of 'Stillllllllllllll down' would obv. mean the ability to renew membership via the website is 'Stilllllllllll down'.

Any who....

I have resolved my expiring premium membership by calling Groundspeak customer service. They are aware of the bug and the web developers are working on fixing it. In the mean time the customer service rep allowed me to paypal them the $30 and renewed my Premium membership status.....all in a matter of less then 10 minutes.

Groundspeak Customer service: (206) 302-7721 (option 3 i believe) :anibad:

Actually if you read my post...I clearly quoted someone saying that they can not renew their membership. My reply of 'Stillllllllllllll down' would obv. mean the ability to renew membership via the website is 'Stilllllllllll down'.

Any who....

I have resolved my expiring premium membership by calling Groundspeak customer service. They are aware of the bug and the web developers are working on fixing it. In the mean time the customer service rep allowed me to paypal them the $30 and renewed my Premium membership status.....all in a matter of less then 10 minutes.

Groundspeak Customer service: (206) 302-7721 (option 3 i believe) :anibad:

Great advise!! Thank you very much.