Adding a coordinate to a log feature

LSUFan

I don't want to sound like an idiot, but how long has this "adding a coordinate to a log" feature been showing? When I was logging CQ0662 today, it was the first time I saw it. It will let you add a coordinate in your logs, which works great for scaled benchmarks.

When you post a log for a benchmark(or geocache) there is a checkbox near the bottom that allow you to add new coordinates to the log.

Is this something that happened fairly recently, or do I need to adjust my meds some? :P

Edited by LSUFan

Three, four years, or so.

Man, I got to pay more attention. :P

I guess it's sort of like not noticing witness posts, before I got into benchmarking...... even though they are all over the place.

My wife says I do the same thing with her, especially when she changes her hairstyle :laughing:

Edited by LSUFan

on a related note: uploaded images can also have a waypoint associated.

now my question: when uploading a geo-tagged image, is the waypoint on the website automatically being attached?

I'm not 100% sure, only about 98% sure that no, it's not. (I mean, what if you take a picture of the station or cache from 500 feet away, a 'scenic' view? Wouldn't want the coordinates to say you were AT the mark..)

on a related note: uploaded images can also have a waypoint associated.

now my question: when uploading a geo-tagged image, is the waypoint on the website automatically being attached?

I'm not 100% sure, only about 98% sure that no, it's not. (I mean, what if you take a picture of the station or cache from 500 feet away, a 'scenic' view? Wouldn't want the coordinates to say you were AT the mark..)

well, it wouldn't, because the coordinates wouldn't be attached to the log, but only to the picture, which is a seperate thing.

If it makes you feel any better, the Waypoint box was not in the obvious blue box all this time. There used to be a little check box for "add waypoint" between the log date and the description area, and if you checked the box coords entry fields would magically appear in that spot. So it was easy to miss if you never checked the box!