Weirdest thing you've seen a muggle do while 'caching.

Remember how I said I was going to wildwood? Yeah... Well I went there. I was walking to this cache and I saw these two guys walking around screaming, flexing muscles, acting like idiots... Everytime I blew the vuvuzela they'd scream YEEEAAAH! Even a kids older sister (late teens) Covered the childs eyes and told him not to look at that... 2010-07-28_Wildwood_NewJersey_US.jpg

Lets just say you don't want to see him when he turns the other way around and starts walking... I've never laughed so hard in my life...

Can you top this?

I understand the need to pad the top, but why did they feel the need to do the same with the bottoms? :P

I haven't been to Wildwood since I was 7 or 8. When our family got older and bigger we started renting houses on Long Beach Island instead. Is the Jolly Rodger still there?

Argh! My eyes!

On the bright side, at least no one will be looking at you when you retrieve the cache...

I think someone in the "getting started" forum was just asking about how to not get noticed searching for caches. Maybe we should post this thread in there.

I think traumatizing newbies and scaring them off the forums is bad for your karma :P

Argh! My eyes!

On the bright side, at least no one will be looking at you when you retrieve the cache...

I think someone in the "getting started" forum was just asking about how to not get noticed searching for caches. Maybe we should post this thread in there.

I think traumatizing newbies and scaring them off the forums is bad for your karma :P

Pic is no worse than Nudecacher.

Wow, how very "Jersey Shore!" LOL. That is too funny, glad you got a pic of that!

"What appears on the internet will live forever" - commentator on the BBC, regarding pictures or statements which come back to haunt people. :P

I've seen some people clowning around, but nothing noteworthy.

I think the weirdest thing I ever saw was while caching at night in downtown Eugene (yeah I know that this is a hotbed for weird... but still). There was a guy at a small playground who was swinging on a swingset and laughing maniacally to himself very loudly. He was probably in his mid-30s and looked a little hobo-ish. It was about 11:30PM. I grabbed that cache quickly and left...

How about a guy doing som fishing and peeing att the same time, and drenching his fishing rod, backpack and other stuff in urine. He didn´t seem to notice it at all, despite looking sober and not clearly on drugs. I didn´t ask him why... :shocked:

Why?

He had a bad day of fishing. Sheesh. :laughing:

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

I was checking out this small park on edge of a lake, to check coordinates a second time before placing a cache. This is countryside Japan. I had been there before and noticed just a few old fishermen, and a caretakers hut ( it was also a camp ground in summer). Walking down the very narrow country road from car park to the park I saw walking towards me,an transvestite, (unusual I suspect in rural Japan), but I had to smile as he was wearing JUST a blue satin basque, black suspender belt, panties and stockings, oh and high heels!. Maybe I would not be surprised if it was in certain areas of downtown Tokyo in an evening, but this park /lake was really in the middle of nowhere.

I wonder if he was the caretaker, or taking care of the caretaker...?

I think the weirdest thing I ever saw was while caching at night in downtown Eugene (yeah I know that this is a hotbed for weird... but still). There was a guy at a small playground who was swinging on a swingset and laughing maniacally to himself very loudly. He was probably in his mid-30s and looked a little hobo-ish. It was about 11:30PM. I grabbed that cache quickly and left...

I remember that night. I had just gotten first to find on that cache and was reveling in my success. Sorry I missed you. :laughing::shocked:

I had hiked several miles in a local cache-rich wildlife area and was racking up the smiley fun one day. My next hunt was atop a large rock called "Eagle Peak" (all locals reading this now know exactly where I was). Unfortunately, there was a group of hikers enjoying their lunch at the "summit", so I decided to wait them out and do the same. I sat on a log and started eating my pb&j sammich. And waiting. And waiting...

Eventually one of them got up and started making her way down the rock and began walking in my direction. She had her trekking poles a-pumping like a woman on a mission and headed right at me. I said "Hi" as she neared, but she must have never heard- because she dropped her poles, pulled her pants down in a flash, and started peeing.

I honestly had no idea what to do. She was no more than 15' or 20' away and facing me. If I made my presence known to her, that would have elicited a scream at the very least. I just turned my head quickly, coughed, and grabbed a cigarette out of my pocket. I heard a bit of a gasp and some rapid zipper action as she scrambled away. I lit my smoke and turned to watch her take the quickest route she could find back up to the top of Eagle Peak.

She never mentioned her encounter (I could hear them all clearly) once back with her friends. They just packed up their backpacks and left. She did glance in my direction a few times, but never said anything.

I don't think she ever did get around to peeing. :anibad:

I was caching in Albertville, Al last week around lunch time. I went after one that was behind the old walmart (now Marvin's and a few other smaller stores in the strip) but it's certainly not an abandoned area. I drove around to the back, (where the employees park) and started to search. I noticed one of the cars was occupied... by a couple. Only I couldn't clearly see the passenger, she must have been sick, because she had her head in his lap... :anibad: I didnt' look for the cache long, i decided they needed a little privacy...

Maybe not the weirdest but definitely the most annoying. The wife and I waited this cache out while a couple argued in their jeep parked directly in front of GZ of an otherwise empty parking lot. We couldn't take it any more so we left for another cache and returned shortly after only to find the jeep in a different parking spot with them still arguing in it. Once again we left for another cache and stopped on the way back home now with a time lapse of 3.5 hours only to find the jeep parked in a new location with them still arguing. We couldn't take it anymore and called it a night. :anibad:

While on a recent trip to North Carolina, I was caching with my aunt in a nice park that had a large lake with a walking trail all the way around it. It was a Saturday, so there were tons of people out, despite the ridiculous heat. As we came around a bend, we heard someone shouting, and saw a fisherman sitting in a chair by the water. We initially thought he was yelling at someone else who was with him, but once we got closer, we realized he was alone, and he was yelling (Really, really loudly) at his tackle box. Apparently he was having trouble stringing up a new lure, and felt that screaming and cursing at it would help (I won't be writing the things he was saying... it would get me in trouble with the mods, I think). I guess this isn't the weirdest thing ever, but it is definitely the most awkward thing I've seen caching so far.

On the way back from an out-of-state cache run I stopped to get a cache close to an Interstate exit. After finding it I was tired so I parked in a nearby truck-stop parking lot behind a big rig, tilted my seat back and took a nap.

A noise woke me up and this guy and gal were stealing stuff off of the truck not 10' in front of me!

I sat up and fired up street maps on my laptop to see what county I was in and went online to get the county cops phone number, called the cops, and was sure that they would see the light from my laptop and cell phone, but they were so busy getting stuff they never looked behind them!

They made three trips to a car they had parked on a nearby road before the county cops rolled up on them and ruined their fun. :)

The driver was asleep in the truck until the cops woke him up, he never had a clue he was being ripped off. :)

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

Maybe not the weirdest but definitely the most annoying. The wife and I waited this cache out while a couple argued in their jeep parked directly in front of GZ of an otherwise empty parking lot. We couldn't take it any more so we left for another cache and returned shortly after only to find the jeep in a different parking spot with them still arguing in it. Once again we left for another cache and stopped on the way back home now with a time lapse of 3.5 hours only to find the jeep parked in a new location with them still arguing. We couldn't take it anymore and called it a night. :)

I guess they couldn't decide.

Maybe not the weirdest but definitely the most annoying. The wife and I waited this cache out while a couple argued in their jeep parked directly in front of GZ of an otherwise empty parking lot. We couldn't take it any more so we left for another cache and returned shortly after only to find the jeep in a different parking spot with them still arguing in it. Once again we left for another cache and stopped on the way back home now with a time lapse of 3.5 hours only to find the jeep parked in a new location with them still arguing. We couldn't take it anymore and called it a night. :)

Maybe they lost the magic, or maybe they had to finally decide?

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

Maybe not the weirdest but definitely the most annoying. The wife and I waited this cache out while a couple argued in their jeep parked directly in front of GZ of an otherwise empty parking lot. We couldn't take it any more so we left for another cache and returned shortly after only to find the jeep in a different parking spot with them still arguing in it. Once again we left for another cache and stopped on the way back home now with a time lapse of 3.5 hours only to find the jeep parked in a new location with them still arguing. We couldn't take it anymore and called it a night. :sad:

Maybe they lost the magic, or maybe they had to finally decide?

Wow. What could they argue about for 3.5 hours?

Oh, wait, micro caches. :D:ph34r::D:D

Remember how I said I was going to wildwood? Yeah... Well I went there. I was walking to this cache and I saw these two guys walking around screaming, flexing muscles, acting like idiots... Everytime I blew the vuvuzela they'd scream YEEEAAAH! Even a kids older sister (late teens) Covered the childs eyes and told him not to look at that...

Can you top this?

I guess the question I have is, why were you caching with a vuvuzela...?

Homeless man sleeping in the middle of the sidewalk right by GZ just now...

I was trying to get a FTF :ph34r:

He was sleeping.... get the cache but be quiet.

:D

Yes. But I had to project a waypoint from this tree!

76cc1823-a150-42de-a43c-62f85013de4a.jpg

Rather looks like the wicked witch of the east under Dorothy's house...

Stopped by the rest room in the park, between caches, once. A naked gentleman was using the sink to take a bath (or, at least, to wash himself.) I headed for the urinals, next to the sink. He yelled "Use the toilet!" (which were further away from the sinks...)

Walking down the East River Walkway once. Saw a large carton balanced on the railing between the walkway and the FDR Drive. When it moved, I realized that there was someone sleeping in it!