Amazing Iowa Caches

TeamRufus

Hello caches hopefully some of you are familiar with caches in Iowa and will help me note some more prominent and exciting ones, the Pella Gold Mine one has already made my list and was wondering if anyone else had some insight as to other amazing caches that I could take the Kids I watch to. We are looking for more caches, but they dont really enjoy the frequent nano finds.

Hey, TeamRufus. Just out of curiosity, what is your radius? Whole state? Pella to the SE or further? Iowa City to the east or Quad Cities?

Smack dab in central Iowa, Des Moines is 10 minutes from our HQ, so an hour radius would be efficient, the kids dont want to spend too much time in the car if they dont have to.

I haven't found very many in that area and none that were really exciting, but you should ride the local bike trails. I attended a Geocaching event in which we rode from Waukee to Redfield on the trail and there are lots of caches! The Des Moines area has a pretty large bike trail system.