Native Pegasus Geocoin

tsunrisebey

I've been a little quiet on the design front this year, just had lots of changes going on (positive) so my time has been very limited. However, if you've been following along on Facebook, you already know what I've been up to design wise :)

I'd like to introduce you to "Native Pegasus". I've wanted to do a Pegasus for quite some time but was never inspired to put something to paper until a couple months ago. I drew this fella over the course of 2 days. First it was going to be the full Pegasus and then I changed my mind and went for the shoulder and above view so I could really work on the wings. I changed a few things here and there and this is the final design come to life in a coin :D

As always, the artwork is all hand-drawn, I don't aim to aspire to perfect lines and symmetry as my designs tend to be more true to Mother Nature and her imperfections (the perfection is the imperfection) so I like to keep "honest" if you will but that's just me.

Obviously there is some major Native American influence on a mythological creature going on here. As usual, colors and design were done with special meaning. That's not something that I normally share with everyone as I like it to mean what you want and need it to mean. The names themselves are a major insight into how I perceived each version up to this point.

The back side was purely done in fun and I just wanted to play a little bit.

I'm rambling, so in other words... I really hope you like this design, it's very special to me. I'll have 1 version to debut at Geocoinfest and when I come home, I'll open it up to reservations if the design seems to be popular to people, that way no one has to duke it out on the store.

I'll post here, on Facebook, Twitter, Blog when I open this up for reservations, right now just sharing B)

Thanks,

tsun

NativePegasus006.jpg

NativePegasus005.jpg

NativePegasus007.jpg

NativePegasus010.jpg

NativePegasus011.jpg

NativePegasus016.jpg

Edited by tsunrisebey

Thank you :anibad:

Yup reservations will be taken for versions after GCF comes and goes :cry:

Have a great weekend all.

tsun

edit to add: I've been wearing my samples as necklaces to work and everyone there has been very complimentative of the coin. As almost always, they are so much sweeter in person.

Edited by tsunrisebey

Thank you :cry:

Yup reservations will be taken for versions after GCF comes and goes :anibad:

Have a great weekend all.

tsun

edit to add: I've been wearing my samples as necklaces to work and everyone there has been very complimentative of the coin. As almost always, they are so much sweeter in person.

Does that mean your co-workers aren't as nice when you're not around? :anibad:

Love that is has a hole ... wearable coins are fun and everyone always asks what they are ... I have one of the (dorkfish?) gray whale coins I wear as a necklace.

An unannounced sale of 2 versions along with some dragonflies and Neptunes went up for sale.

These were versions headed to GCF. There are limits, 1 each of the dragonflies, 2 of Neptunes, and I think it's unlimited for Pegasus.

I'll have a small amount with me for traders at the events.

Twitter and FB was notified just a few minutes ago.

I missed the sale since i was out shopping with the kids for some new school pants since the weather went from 100 degrees to the 60's and most of there new school clothes are shorts dresses and capris.

I got the email but my new phone was not all the way set up to deal with everything so i decided to stick with the shopping for the girls.

Congrats to the ones that made it in time.

I am looking to trade if anyone has extra.

Hey, I just saw a nutella commercial on tv :lol:

Boy some people are easily distracted..... :wub::ph34r:

Thanks Tsun for the lovely surprise.... I was logging on to get to a web seminar and saw your announcement of the sale opening up - what they hey, I'll check it out and couldn't believe my good fortune, the webinar just had to wait.

Edited by Droo

Native Pegasus has arrived in Florida, and all I can say is...

:rolleyes: TOTALLY FREAKING AWESOME!! :rolleyes:

To most of you it is no surprise, but to tell those that don't know....

Once again tsun produces an awesome coin with this design!

I'm so glad I was lucky enough to get one, I can't wait for the reservations so I can get myself a few more..

Thanks and great job Steph!

:rolleyes::unsure::unsure: