Confused

loseingit

I am brand new to this so sorry for what is a very basic question. I have just purchased a Magellan Explorist GC. I have entered my postal code (Canada) and all the local geocaches are listed. My GPS is connected to my computer and they are "communicating". I then select a geocache to download......press the icon to send to GPS. I then get the Magellan window and try to install the "Magellan comunicator". I am asked if a I want to save or run? I have tried both but neither enables me to go to the "download" button phase.

I am stumped :) Can anybody help? Much thanks.

I am brand new to this so sorry for what is a very basic question. I have just purchased a Magellan Explorist GC. I have entered my postal code (Canada) and all the local geocaches are listed. My GPS is connected to my computer and they are "communicating". I then select a geocache to download......press the icon to send to GPS. I then get the Magellan window and try to install the "Magellan comunicator". I am asked if a I want to save or run? I have tried both but neither enables me to go to the "download" button phase.

I am stumped :) Can anybody help? Much thanks.

I'm pretty sure that the "Magellan" brand doesn't let you download directly to your GPS, but there is another way (that I don't know much about so you'll have to ask someone else with a Magellan) but it requires Premium Membership which I see you don't have so for now you will have to enter it manually.

I'm pretty sure that the "Magellan" brand doesn't let you download directly to your GPS, but there is another way (that I don't know much about so you'll have to ask someone else with a Magellan) but it requires Premium Membership which I see you don't have so for now you will have to enter it manually.

Hmm, their Explorist GC advertises "Seamless connection to geocaching.com", so it sounds like it should work...

Have you tried turning your computer off and on again?

I am stumped :laughing: Can anybody help? Much thanks.

looks like you can get a FREE 30 day premium membership

http://www.magellangps.com/exploristgc/

first you should install the communicator before attempting to send any caches to the unit

also you could call help desk and ask them how it should work

Edited by t4e

I have a explorist GC and after installing Magellan communicator i had no problem at all downloading caches. Try re-installing it and notice any error that could pop up.. restart your browser and it should work. If not, try restarting your computer, sometimes windows just need a fresh start. (I assume you're using windows, if not try to check on magellan website if they support other platform).

t4e brought up a good point, with your device you receive a 30 day premium membership. Activate it and you'll be able to use pocket query. They are amazing! It's simple and fast, you only have to transfer one file on your device and you don't even need Magellan communicator.

Let me know if it works!