Colorado Chipset Update On Webupdater

I was a bit mystified seeing what I thought was another Hotfix update which appeared the same as last year. Not sure if was because I was having some issues and had to roll back the firmware to an earlier version and reinstall the latest beta 2.42. Perhaps it blew out the Hotfix update when I rolled it back. It seemed to all stem from when I added an all white background .jpg image for easier viewing which caused the unit to shut down when selecting a different background.

2.9 is the latest GPS software version - do you have something newer? There was an M-type GPS upgrade releases about this time last year that upgraded the GPS software from 2.8 to 2.9.

The latest GPS software version is still 2.9. I'm using beta 3.42 since it came out on June 1st without any issues. Don't know what Garmin has in mind for 3.5,not expecting much though.

Its funny that when I saw your post yesterday and I ran webupdater I didn't have that additional update for hotfix, just the 3 text updates which I always decline (greek, slovakian....etc). But I just ran it again, and now I had that option..... oh well I added it and it didn't seem to make any change that the user can tell I am still @ Beta3.42 and gps software 2.9. I guess its just a hidden reference file for the hotfix feature.

Placebo effect or just a good constellation , but it is very rare for me to see an EPE of 3m, although I would assume that the hotfix update has nothing to do with this.

1343.jpg

Edited by savant9

Its funny that when I saw your post yesterday and I ran webupdater I didn't have that additional update for hotfix, just the 3 text updates which I always decline (greek, slovakian....etc). But I just ran it again, and now I had that option..... oh well I added it and it didn't seem to make any change that the user can tell I am still @ Beta3.42 and gps software 2.9. I guess its just a hidden reference file for the hotfix feature.

Placebo effect or just a good constellation , but it is very rare for me to see an EPE of 3m, although I would assume that the hotfix update has nothing to do with this.

1343.jpg

I've run webupdater and it's still offering the Hotfix update even though I installed it the day before. Very strange indeed. Acquisition time seems to be much faster,perhaps it's my imagination.

My typical experience is an EPE of 3m as the norm and occasionally it will drop down to 2m with WAAS.