Soon- to-be-cacher

Mejas

Not having much luck with travel bugs. I decided to try Geocoins. So I placed one in a cache on the campus of the University of South Caroline. Log by a Charter Member say a soon-to-be-cacher picked up the bug and will log it when they get the chance between classes to open an account.

I think that if the Charter Member was teaching a newbie he should have told him not to mess with the bug till he was setup and knew what he was doing. Guess I will give the rest of my coins to friends for keep sakes. They don't seam to have any more of a future than the travel bugs.

Mejas icon_eek.gif

Love caching

[This message was edited by Mejas on June 20, 2003 at 05:57 AM.]

Actually you are having excellent luck with your bugs so far. Most seem to be moving and logged properly. Bugs are a crap shoot at best.

We bought 5 coins, used one as a FF Prize, one as our mileage bug and have yet to drop the others. I don't think the coin is going to last long as a Bug, too nice. So we just use them as a special item.

Cache on....

Dick

Found out today that the soon-to-be-cacher is a teacher. Hasn't had time in 5 days to make an account. If they do not have time to make an account when are they going to have time to cache?

Mejas

P.S. I did turn some more regular TBs lose the other day and they are doing great so far.

Love caching

quote:
Originally posted by megandmike:

Keep in mind teachers usually have 2+ months of paid vacation starting around this time of year. I'm sure your coin will move along. Teachers tend to be a pretty responsible bunch icon_smile.gif

Meg

Paid vacation? Teachers get paid on the first of the month for the previous month's work. I don't get a paycheck on August 1st or September 1st because I don't teach school during the months of July and August. Summer vacation for teachers is not a paid vacation. What most of us do is budget over the other ten months so we don't have to work a summertime job, but please don't continue the myth that teachers get all this paid vacation time. We don't. It's unpaid vacation time. There's a big difference.

Webfoot frog.gif

Tromping through the underbrush looking for Ammo cans, Tupperware containers, & little round disks.

Well sure, it totally depends on where you work. We're both high school teachers and get paid year round - once a month from July 15 thru June 15th for the year. We certainly don't mean to imply that teachers slack off during the summer - one of us is teaching summer school right now in fact. What we merely mean to say is that generally speaking a teacher may have more opportunities to geocache after the craziness of the end of the year has passed (it has certainly been true for us) and that our fellow cacher should not give up on his geocoin just yet! icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by megandmike:

Well sure, it totally depends on where you work. We're both high school teachers and get paid year round - once a month from July 15 thru June 15th for the year. We certainly don't mean to imply that teachers slack off during the summer - one of us is teaching summer school right now in fact. What we merely mean to say is that generally speaking a teacher may have more opportunities to geocache after the craziness of the end of the year has passed (it has certainly been true for us) and that our fellow cacher should not give up on his geocoin just yet! icon_smile.gif

Having just moved, I don't even seem to have enough time during the summer to go out and tromp around the bushes that much. The "honeydo" list is rather long at this time. icon_wink.gif

But you are right, in that teachers do have a lot more free time in the summertime than in other times of the year. Nice thing about having that time off, is you can go during the week, when a lot of other people are at work.

Now, to get back to that list. icon_rolleyes.gif

Webfoot frog.gif

Tromping through the underbrush looking for Ammo cans, Tupperware containers, & little round disks.

What we merely mean to say is that generally speaking a teacher may have more opportunities to geocache after the craziness of the end of the year has passed (it has certainly been true for us) and that our fellow cacher should not give up on his geocoin just yet! icon_smile.gif

What really bothers me. In the past I have had serval bugs travel throug caches and not loged by Newby's. So when a soon-to-be-cacher grabbs one a light lit up.

Mejas

Love caching