Loading multiple geocaches into my Garmin 62s

I am a premium member. I want to load multiple caches into my Garmin 62s and have them appear in the Geocache folder, not waypoints or POI. I can do them one at a time through Geocacking.com, but I know there must be a way to load more. For example, the 1000 closest geocaches to my home.

How can I do this?

Thanks.

Pocket Queries are limited to 1000 caches right?

1000 caches takes me about 40-50km from home. Now its realistic for me to travel further and the 62 can hold 5000 caches so how do people handle this? Do you just do multiple overlapping PQ's? Do I then need to merge the PQ's in GSAK or does the 62 not care that the same cache may be in more than 1 GPX file (where they overlap)?

Pocket Queries are limited to 1000 caches right?

1000 caches takes me about 40-50km from home. Now its realistic for me to travel further and the 62 can hold 5000 caches so how do people handle this? Do you just do multiple overlapping PQ's? Do I then need to merge the PQ's in GSAK or does the 62 not care that the same cache may be in more than 1 GPX file (where they overlap)?

(bolded bit mine) Yes, the "MergeDBs" macro in GSAK will combine several databases into one, removing duplicate caches. One way (that we use often), optimize your PQs for your home, route, and destination and load them into GSAK in separate DBs. Run MergeDBs macro (and create a "merged" DB for the output destination), and push that to your GPS. Should work for up to 5,000 caches (only 1 day's worth of PQs).

Thanks for the advice guys. There's only 2590 caches in my state so easily within the range of the 62S.

Any advice for working out where to base the radial PQ's from. Is it just best to grab a map and pen and compass and start drawing circles depending on the density of the caches?

Any advice for working out where to base the radial PQ's from. Is it just best to grab a map and pen and compass and start drawing circles depending on the density of the caches?

A much better way is to design your PQs by "Date Placed" with a large radius of choice. Find the oldest cache in your area and set the start date for the day before and run the ending date out until the PQ hits the 1000 cache limit. Set your next PQ to start the following day... lather, rinse repeat. Takes a little fiddling to get it set up, but once you do the only "problem" will be when older caches get archived in your first PQ, you may wish to reset the dates to maintain optimization.

Cheers!

A much better way is to design your PQs by "Date Placed" with a large radius of choice. Find the oldest cache in your area and set the start date for the day before and run the ending date out until the PQ hits the 1000 cache limit. Set your next PQ to start the following day... lather, rinse repeat. Takes a little fiddling to get it set up, but once you do the only "problem" will be when older caches get archived in your first PQ, you may wish to reset the dates to maintain optimization.

Thanks heaps. That's a great idea. A lot simpler than my method.

Cheers!

Is there somewhere explaining how and where PQs are designed and used?