Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
67comet

Overseas Base Cache?

My family and I have been enjoying GeoCaching for a good 9 months now. We're going to be helping the local Cub Scouts with caching here in Japan; specifically on a US Air Force Military base.

My question is; can we hide some caches and register them on geocaching.com? We "can" just hide them our self, write down the coordinates and hand them out to the scouts that will be searching for them. I would like to teach them start to finish how to cache via geocaching.com instead of explaining it to them; then handing them a paper with the lat/long for them to punch in (I'm assuming most will have a smart phone of some sort; Android based or what ever that other iPhunk phone is). We'll be using my Nexus One, Oregon 550, Nuvi 255W and my wife's iJunk phone to show almost anything with GPS can seek a cache (haven't tried it with my Forerunner 405 yet though).

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by 67comet

Will the US Air Force be allowing all and sundry onto the base to find the caches you have placed?

If not I don't think you will get them published but why not check with your local reviewer.