Logging in

Lady-bugs

So you're saying you're not logged into the Wherigo site. You click the link to log in, enter your user name and password, and the site still says you're not logged in? Can you log into geocaching.com using the same user name and password?

I'm trying to figure out where the problem is, so you'll have to be very specific.

And, no, you cannot download cartridges unless you're logged in. When you download a cartridge, your user name is added to it; this is why you must be logged in to download a cartridge.

So you're saying you're not logged into the Wherigo site. You click the link to log in, enter your user name and password, and the site still says you're not logged in? Can you log into geocaching.com using the same user name and password?

And, no, you cannot download cartridges unless you're logged in. When you download a cartridge, your user name is added to it; this is why you must be logged in to download a cartridge.

A few months ago I tried to register with the username+password I have on Geo.com, same thing happened, then tried changing name+password, it just kept saying no to me, 'the name is used by someone ells'... (ofcause by myself).... silly really

Now I actually changed my name on Geo.com, but still same result, except this time I got a verification email, I used it and the accont was verified. But logging in it still says nothing...

However I'm in doubt, maybe I AM logged in, it just doesn't tell me. When I click the 'discuss' button it sends me here, and then I read my name in the top left side...

I looked on your profile page and it does say you logged in today. So it does look like you are logging in correctly. When you log in, it should usually send you back to the page from which you clicked the "log in" link. At that point, your geocaching name should be on the top-right corner of the web page as part of the message "You are logged in as Lady-bugs. Log out." The only way you can click through to the forums and be logged in here without having to log in within the forum is if you're already logged into the site.

If you still believe you have problems, I'd advise you to send an email to contact@geocaching.com, describing your issue in as much detail as possible.

As a moderator, I will need to move this thread to the "Geocaching.com Web Site" forum. However, I'd like to wait for your response and see that you're on the right track before I move the thread.

I looked on your profile page and it does say you logged in today. So it does look like you are logging in correctly. When you log in, it should usually send you back to the page from which you clicked the "log in

As a moderator, I will need to move this thread to the "Geocaching.com Web Site" forum. However, I'd like to wait for your response and see that you're on the right track before I move the thread.

Ok, hold on, I will check again

Nope, it doesn't work. Im logged in only when I go to forums. When I sign in here it sends me to front page of Wherigo.com. My user name is not in the top. If I click set area, play or download it says I need to be signed in. So back to square 1...

Edited by Lady-bugs

Hi,

I know I need to login to be able to download a cartridge but, when trying to download a Wherigo cartridge I get a window saying I need to log in, even though I am logged in as shown in the top righthand corner of the window. I've tried to re-validate my account and have received the validation code which I have entered two or three times. Each time I get a window saying "An error has occurred - return to the Home page". I'm going around in circles.

I've contacted the Wherigo support via email and, after initially trying to assist they have sent me the following message:

"Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, this may be out of my scope of service that I can offer. Our Wherigo forums are very active and in more cases the best resource for technical troubleshooting that we cannot assist with on our end.

I would recommend posting this information in the forums and seeing if someone from our helpful community might be able to help.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=59

I am sorry that we cannot be of more help."

Can you advise please.

Regards,

Ah yes! :blink:

Okay, let's try something I hope will work.

Can you log out of the site? If so, do that. Next, dump your browser's cookies for the Wherigo site (how to; funny that that site would show up when I did a Google search for the topic). After that, log back into Wherigo.com. Now, try to download a cartridge.

If that does not work, I'll see what else can be done.

Okay, let's try something I hope will work.

Can you log out of the site? If so, do that. Next, dump your browser's cookies for the Wherigo site (how to; funny that that site would show up when I did a Google search for the topic). After that, log back into Wherigo.com. Now, try to download a cartridge.

If that does not work, I'll see what else can be done.

Sorry for the delay in replying - I was away to the place I'd wanted to play the cartridge (but didn't have it) and had no access to a computer.

I've tried your suggestion with the same result. The website still says I'm signed in and tells me I need to sign in on the same window.

I have been able to download the cartridge using my laptop, so now have it in my Oregon. It's just the main desktop that isn't playing the game.

I'm trying my hand at creating a cartridge, using my desktop, so don't want to rely on the laptop of ancient vintage to download from the website.

Appreciate your advice and thanks.

I thought I'd sent a reply a short while ago, but it's disappeared into the ether - puzzling. Sorry for the delay in replying - I was away to the place I'd wanted to play the cartridge (but didn't have it) and had no access to a computer.

I've tried your suggestion (deleting Cookies) with the same result. The website still says I'm signed in and tells me I need to sign in on the same window.

I have been able to download the cartridge using my laptop, so now have it in my Oregon. It's just my main desktop PC that isn't playing the game.

I'm trying my hand at creating a cartridge, using my desktop, so don't want to rely on the laptop of ancient vintage to download from the website.

Appreciate your advice and thanks.