What's your favorite TB?

Snoogans

I am looking for a plethora of information on what people like to see on TB pages and the TB's themselves. I think it can all fit on one thread. Feel free to answer any or all of the questions posed, or bring up new ones:

What is the favorite TB(s) that you own?

What is the favorite TB(s) that you have found?

What is your favorite TB goal? Yours or anyone's.

Which TB has coolest page set-up, picture, sound bite, etc.?

How many TB's are on your watch list because of some aspect of the questions posed above and not just because it has been captured by you?

Let's try to keep this a positive thread. icon_wink.gif

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

quote:

What is the favorite TB(s) that you own?

What is the favorite TB(s) that you have found?

We've only found a half dozen so far. One of the first was the "Take Me To Our Leader" bug, a gift for Jeremy. We thought that was a great idea.

We currently have a (corkscrew) bug called CORKY who wants to visit wineries. That's going to be fun -- we are going to Napa valley for just that reason next week, so CORKY is going to come in handy.

The only bug we've released so far is the Rider of Rohan. He's a gift to the person who wrote an little article about geo-caching (where we first learned about this great hobby). He's been picked up, but hasn't been moved yet.

-BeachBuddies

Yes I'm lost, but at least I know my coordinates!

My fave TB so far is Lester the Lessor. I'd love to find him someday...but right now, he's in Wyoming...and I'm not travelling that far to find him.

We own four TB's...two have been set free. BEEPbeep and Pirate Pooh. Pirate Tigger and Pirate Rabbit are still waiting.

We've found two TB's so far. (We're still new to this)....STERLING MARLIN was found in Las Vegas, NV, and we placed him in a cache in Utah. My son found Gilbert Gargiggle in a different cache in Utah, and he's here in Vegas waiting for us to send him on his way.

I think the goal of BOSCO, the Beer swilling Bass is kinda unique.....The owner wants people to attached the bottle cap to all different types of beers and then be sent home...he left the chain with the TB long, so bottle caps can fill it up.

BEEPbeep...has the goal to see all 50 state capitals and the White House, then be sent home. My 8 year old came up with that one. (Not bad for a little guy!)

I find it hard to pick and choose among the travel bugs I've found. I love them all. Having said that, the prettiest one is definitely Box of Bugs, a box full of all kinds of insects beautifully crafted out of FIMO-type clay. I just had a really cool-looking one, Crinoid, a string of washer-shaped fossils. I was sorry to let it go but I didn't want to mess up its progress to goal by bringing it east. Another cool one I just found is Capitol Reflection.

I definitely like the non-plush toy ones better, the cute-n-cuddlies seem so obvious.

My favorite of my own bugs is one I haven't released yet, The Top 10, a little book where people will post any Top 10 list they want. I'm still working on fixing it up.

quote:
Originally posted by OneTiredMom:

I think the goal of BOSCO, the Beer swilling Bass is kinda unique.....The owner wants people to attached the bottle cap to all different types of beers and then be sent home...he left the chain with the TB long, so bottle caps can fill it up.

Thank you, thank you... (bowing graciously). I was just about to post the link to Bosco. Glad he's as popular in the world as he was in my 'hood before I let him loose!

I thought his goal was pretty unique when I turned him loose, but later did a search for "beer" and saw several with a similar goal. Ah, well... the thought was good! And beer is tasty! [icon_biggrin.gif]

I've also released All Quacked Out recently, and another one is going to be released soon when her paint dries... "Industrial Accident Barbie." I have a woodshop, lots 'o' saws. I'll let your imagination fill in the details! LOL

My favorite TB I've heard of, but not seen (yet). It's The Monkey Cache. I just don't think I could top that one, simply for its creative originality!

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

quote:
Originally posted by joefrog:

My favorite TB I've heard of, but not seen (yet). It's http://www.monkeycache.com. I just don't think I could top that one, simply for its creative originality!

Ah, yes... and "Fat Bastard." His goal is the funniest I've seen!

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

Well, we only have two, but I think my favorite is Hampton Roads Hot Potato

because he was the victim of a plundering, but was rescued, repaired and is still going strong. 20010_200.jpg

My son has Geo-Jaguar which is a very well-travelled one, currently in Wales

One of my favorites that we've found is Cheeky the Geo-Monkey. He was the very first travel bug we ever found and he "talks" to you on his TB page. Also has a cool links to his "cousin" bugs that are in a race.

Cacheola Crew

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Geocaching-HamptonRoadsVA/join

"You have brains in your head; You have feet in your shoes.

You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

You're on your own. And you know what you know.

And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...."

Dr. Seuss

"Identity Crisis" (TBA6A) is a laugh and a half! It's blurb says:

"Current GOAL: I NEED TO FIND OUT WHO I AM! I NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO GO. IN SHORT, I'M A WRECK!!!!

About this item: TO WHOMEVER FINDS ME: ATTACH ME TO ANYTHING YOU WISH. I WILL TAKE ON THE IDENTITY OF THAT ITEM UNTIL I AM FOUND AGAIN. AT THAT TIME YOU MAY CHOOSE TO LEAVE ME AS IS, OR YOU MAY ATTACH ME TO SOMETHING MORE TO YOUR LIKING, AT WHICH TIME I WILL TAKE ON IT'S IDENTITY."

Unfortunately, nothing has happened with it since This past July... kinda sad, really.

-Elana (a.k.a. "Sparrowhawk")

Mom-200.gifDad-200.gifMegan-200.gifColtin-200.gif

Well, we have only bagged one bug so far, but have recently released 4 into the wild as a family race.

Mom, Dad, Daughter and Son.

After dropping them off at four different locations, a local team (SerenityNow) saw them and tried to get them all and help with their journeys. They where heading towards some of our goals. Unfortunately, my son got left behind, but he is being a good sport about it!

We have all had so many laughs about this already. Truely some good family fun.

[This message was edited by 4agers on October 26, 2003 at 05:49 AM.]