More then 1 cache in a Parking garage?

Krux151

Ok so im hiding a cache and i found the PERFECT spot. Only problem is that there is another cache in the parking garage. The current cache there is a 2 difficulty, if i put my cache there it would easily be from a 3.5 to a 4. Should i just forget about it and not hide my cache or what.

Ok so im hiding a cache and i found the PERFECT spot. Only problem is that there is another cache in the parking garage. The current cache there is a 2 difficulty, if i put my cache there it would easily be from a 3.5 to a 4. Should i just forget about it and not hide my cache or what.

What makes this parking garage that special?

*not trying to be mean. Just wondering.

What makes the area that special is the guard rails and steel beams my cache is a perfect color match. And his is on the 4th floor mine would be either 1st or a little before the 1st in like a kinda weird lower section.

Edited by TheGreekSeekers

Elevation will be irrelevant in this case. In fact, it is elevation that makes parking ramp hides so tough (and often annoying). Don't expect your reviewer to cut you any slack just because your camo matches the guard rails perfectly. If there's an existing cache within the 528 ft limit, you'll just have to wait until it is archived, or find another spot. Sorry.

It doesn't matter how much better your cache is; if the other cache was there first then you'll have to find somewhere else to hide. As long as your cache is 528 feet away then you will be fine.

As for the other cache in the parking garage; are you sure they got permission? Just because the cache is there doesn't mean that's okay to hide caches there.

With a little spray paint the cache can match virtually any parking garage. They use pretty generic colors.

a LITTLE? I think it would take a huge amount of spray paint to coat even the smallest of parking garages...

Just a little 4th grade English.. Cache is the subject of the sentence, not garage.

With a little spray paint the cache can match virtually any parking garage. They use pretty generic colors.

a LITTLE? I think it would take a huge amount of spray paint to coat even the smallest of parking garages...

Just a little 4th grade English.. Cache is the subject of the sentence, not garage.

I think Juicepig was joking.

The question is, strictly speaking, one of proximity. Will your cache be more than 528 feet from the other? If so then you are good to go.

If I were hiding the cache I would also ask myself "Does this parking garage really need another cache?".

Does any parking garage NEED a cache?

Anyway GOF's SP is correct. If the other cache is more than .1 mile away then you are OK. If it isn't then you'll need to find yourself another parking garage. Or maybe a park.

Edited by briansnat

I was wondering the same thing :yikes:

Whatever happened to hiding caches in the woods, or at a beautiful or scenic spot?

Parking garage. Sheesh.

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I'd vote to remove and disallow future urban caches, especially nanos. Nothing quite like a good bus stop hide, what with the free sensory stimulation.

I like to remind people that not all camouflage is green

Depending on environment I've seen a myriad of colors of caches. It's amazing what one trip down the paint aisle will do.

First thing I think of is proper permission. I don't care if the other doesn't, (because if it doesn't - SBA)

Next is proximity, are you over 528'?

Permission and far enough away from the next cache you should be good to go.

The question is, strictly speaking, one of proximity. Will your cache be more than 528 feet from the other? If so then you are good to go.

If I were hiding the cache I would also ask myself "Does this parking garage really need another cache?".

Does any parking garage NEED a cache?

Anyway GOF's SP is correct. If the other cache is more than .1 mile away then you are OK. If it isn't then you'll need to find yourself another parking garage. Or maybe a park.

There are actually two in parking garages near me at West Edmonton mall. There probably could be a few more here given the size of the mall.

One is a great hide. The other I still haven't found.

I like them because it gives me something to do while the wife is shopping.

The mall also has a very popular hotel with theme rooms that brings in loads of tourists.

I think having a few caches nearby is a good thing for them.

Interesting assumption... :yikes:

Looking forward to clarification from Chokecherry.

Obviously I mean to paint the entire parking garage. I would never suggest something as logical as to paint the cache to match the environment in which it is going to be hid.

Right on! Be sure to get permission from the garage owner as well before you begin painting. Might want to notify the other cache owner as well - maybe they will help!

Obviously I mean to paint the entire parking garage. I would never suggest something as logical as to paint the cache to match the environment in which it is going to be hid.

Right on! Be sure to get permission from the garage owner as well before you begin painting. Might want to notify the other cache owner as well - maybe they will help!

But maybe the other cache owner already painted the garage to match HIS cache. I don't think he's going to want someone to paint the garage all over again to match some other cache.

But maybe the other cache owner already painted the garage to match HIS cache. I don't think he's going to want someone to paint the garage all over again to match some other cache.

Well that's the problem the other cache is already at the garage that is painted perfectly to match the cache in question. My suggestion is to paint another garage to perfectly match the cache.

i like caches in scenic and historic or interesting places. i know some folks don't like parking garage, parking lot and caches hidden in urban "non scenic" areas. But i love them. It's not fun going to the mall or parking garage but finding a cache there makes it fun! i found a cache today at the mall, in the parking lot. i was dreading buying some clothes but being able to hunt for some caches made my day! Just my experience. :)