Starting point question

HJS

I am getting ready to release a TB. It's goal will be to get home to a cache in Virginia. I will be travelling to Washington state soon and I want the bug to start the trip home from a cache there.

I am debating wether to log the bug into and out of my Virginia cache and then take it to Washington state, or wether I should just release it there to make its way home.

I would welcome your opinions and what would you do.

Thanks

I would just release it there. Racking up some miles before placements seems kinda pointless IMO.

Im assuming you have some way to log the TB into a cache out in WA... Otherwise by the time you get back home and do it, the TB may have moved, thus 'losing' some miles, and more importantly messing up the chrological order.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

I now log all of my TBugs into a cache that I placed near my home in Florida. I then sometimes re-grab them for placement in caches I'm traveling a distance to. ex; New Orleans, and New York. I like having all of my Bugs anchored in my cache. And I must admit I like to have the mileage recorded. It's not like the bug is not making that trip, or actually compiling the mileage. It is. So I don't see the harm in it. There is nothing to be won or gained by the amount of mileage your Tbug accrues. It's really a personal preference thing. IMHO