Camping weekend in Pretoria

RedGlobe

We have arranged with Tshwane Nature Council to use the Joos Becker Caravan Park for the weekend of the 22-24 October 2010 (Geocaching saamtrek) and will post all the prizes and info as soon as it is finalized. We hope to receive cachers from other regions camping for the weekend.

We will try and host a Braai event on the Friday evening in the caravan park and we are in the process of listing a CITO event on the Saturday morning 23 October 2010 which will utilize parking and Braai facilities of the Joos Becker Caravan Park in Pretoria.

We will list the CITO now (3 months in advance) to provide enough time for cachers to plan and make all there arrangements for either the CITO or the weekend camping.

We will inform you, once we receive more information on this forum....

- what do you pay?? LOL :unsure:

The pay is equal to a reviewer salary…He He

OK the CITO is listed…GC2C91N

Remember this CITO can be done by any cachers, if you are staying in the Caravan Park for the weekend or not.

We will finalize the social events in time for this weekend.

Hi All,

I received the prizes for the camping weekend:

We do get a 15% discount for this weekend. Normally the cost is R115.00 per night for a stand. This means that we will need to pay R100.00 per night for the stand. If we book more than 30 camping sites for this weekend, we will get a discount of 30%.

I will provide the info where to make the bookings as soon as we sorted all arrangements.

Hi All

Please see the info below:

Caravan Park cost:

Per tent or caravan (up to 4 people) per night with electricity: 1 to 6 days...R100.00 (This weekend from the Friday afternoon to Sunday morning will be R200.00 per team).

Contact information for bookings:

Tersia Berry: 012 335 2887 or E-Mail : tersiab@tshwane.gov.za

Please note to mention that you are a Geocacher and the booking is for this weekend (22-24 October). Tersia knows of this planned weekend by the geocachers and was part of our arrangements with Tshwane Council.

Hi RedGlobe, in all probability my wife and I will attend. I volunteer to supervise – just to make sure all rubbish is collected and that the event organizer is bending properly without strain. :rolleyes::D

We will do this one with no camping. This will be my first CITO. Thanks for organizing. Gerhard & Petra

Edited by gerhardoosMPsa

Sorry Gerhard the supervising job is already allocated to the “BIG Eagle Team” :rolleyes: and they will make sure you do more than any team seeing that this will be your first CITO. I think this will be the most attended CITO yet as the stats shows CITO’s are not popular, but we can change this around.

We’ll seems everyone is doing something this weekend with event can I then organize a (Coffee goodbye Event the Sunday) to say thanks for everyone again and to send everyone on the way safely home.

Sorry Elsies we are already taking the “daisy chain events” rule to the limits and had discussions with Groundspeak with the current events. :P

Next time :angry:

I had a discussing this morning with Tersia (Joos Becker administrator), and you don’t need to make any advanced booking for the camping weekend. We have set aside a block of stands (40 stands) for the geocachers close to the Lapa. On your arrival the weekend, please go to the office near the gate and state you are a geocacher camping and do the necessary payments for your stay over the weekend.

We're planning an early morning walk on the Sunday morning 24/10/2010 leaving at 06h00 and returning at approximately 08h00 to avoid walking in the heat of the day.

We have got permission from Tshwane Parks to enter the Wonderboom Nature Reserve free of charge providing that all the cachers who would like to go on the walk provide their names to us byTuesday, 19/10/2010 so that access can be arranged.

Please drop us a note on happyhunters@tiscali.co.za if you would like to join us on the walk

Caches:

GC1B695 Wonderboom

GC1JMHK Magaliesberg Mountain Range

GC14XRP Wonderboompoort

GC1B6AC Jacaranda City View

A fifth cache will be published closer to the time.

We confirmed this morning with John “JHC1” that all arrangements are in place for this weekend camping and the events arrangements for the weekend. He will park his caravan on Thursday and make sure of the stands set out for our weekend camping. The CITO arrangements are also confirmed.

It’s GO....GO....GO, for the weekend.

We're planning an early morning walk on the Sunday morning 24/10/2010 leaving at 06h00 and returning at approximately 08h00 to avoid walking in the heat of the day.

We have got permission from Tshwane Parks to enter the Wonderboom Nature Reserve free of charge providing that all the cachers who would like to go on the walk provide their names to us byTuesday, 19/10/2010 so that access can be arranged.

Please drop us a note on happyhunters@tiscali.co.za if you would like to join us on the walk

Caches:

GC1B695 Wonderboom

GC14XRP Wonderboompoort

We need the names by Wednesday 20 October!!!

Caches:

GC1B695 Wonderboom

GC14XRP Wonderboompoort

We need the names by Wednesday 20 October!!!

Fifth cache....GC2G1AW KLIPSPRINGER

So what is the story? Who kidnapped little cacher? What was the randsome? How long was he missing for?

We only received the photo from a “No number” with the following note - “final co-ord. will be given for CACHE SOME;)” :santa:

I received some information from other cachers of likely “kidnappers” and over the weekend before our hike in the Magallies received our TB Cacher the “Voël” back in good shape (the kidnapper did not harm the voël, but only enjoyed handling him for a week).

While the case files are still open and to protect the kidnapper from interference with the evidence, we decided not to name the kidnapper for now. :santa:

If RedGlobe cannot look after a single TB.... how will we do with the huge numbers of trackable’s like FE or the Trickies? Or maybe some cachers take the word “discover” to a new meaning!!!! :santa:

P.S. Maybe the kidnapper can add a comment to this posting!!!!!!

Following Geocaching.com on Facebook I noticed that the photos I included in my log for the CITO event during the camping week-end in Pretoria linked into the CITO gallery on the website - You are all there :unsure:

Check it out at Apies River CITO on geocaching Gallery (currently on page 2 of the gallery):

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F...spx&h=b993f

Edited by JPMZA