Cant beleive I missed this!

Hi. Just thought I would say hello. Been in the computer game since the days of Bulletin Boards before the Internet. Work for very large Computer Company, only discovered Geocaching this week!!!!! DOH!

Looks like great fun, that you can do at your own pace, in your own time and its healthy. Needed something to get me out of the house, looks like this is ideal. Not retired yet but close so need a hobby to help me keep the legs working. Not discovered anything yet but intend to try this week so wish me luck. One question...any Radio Amateurs in this group?

See you all soon, hopefully after my first find.....

Hi. Just thought I would say hello. Been in the computer game since the days of Bulletin Boards before the Internet. Work for very large Computer Company, only discovered Geocaching this week!!!!! DOH!

Looks like great fun, that you can do at your own pace, in your own time and its healthy. Needed something to get me out of the house, looks like this is ideal. Not retired yet but close so need a hobby to help me keep the legs working. Not discovered anything yet but intend to try this week so wish me luck. One question...any Radio Amateurs in this group?

See you all soon, hopefully after my first find.....

Hi geosibisa

welcome to the club. Try this Forum it might be of use but I think most of it is States side.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=14

I commend those who put the effort in to get their amateur radio license proper. I was a 26AT... 11m SSB pirate many years ago with confirmed contacts in many countries, but never went that extra mile to study to get mine.

Welcome, and congrats on your first find! :( I am a newbie too, just found out about this a couple of months ago. I am not a newbie to walking though, and I just can't get over how many I must of passed by during the last few years.

I was a 26AT... 11m SSB pirate many years ago with confirmed contacts in many countries, but never went that extra mile to study to get mine.

I suspect there were a lot started that way :( I spent many happy hours in front of a Cobra SSB set running 300w Zetagi 'boots' and a Viking antenna. The furthest I ever got a QSL card back from was Sao Paulo in Brazil. Then a work colleague, who was already a long time amateur, persuaded me to 'get my ticket'. I did a six week night school course at my local college and passed both parts with a 'Distinction'. Chuffed or what!! :D

I commend those who put the effort in to get their amateur radio license proper. I was a 26AT... 11m SSB pirate many years ago with confirmed contacts in many countries, but never went that extra mile to study to get mine.

Welcome, and congrats on your first find! :( I am a newbie too, just found out about this a couple of months ago. I am not a newbie to walking though, and I just can't get over how many I must of passed by during the last few years.

.- -. -.. / .-.. . .- .-. -. / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

Chris (MrB)

Had to get My A license the hard way face to face CW. Without doubt one of the most nerve racking tests I have ever done... Don't know why but many agree it was worse than taking a driving test. Ahhhhhhh the good old days.. Its all gone a bit off topic this thread sorry...

Welcome to the forum and to geocaching.

Newbie cacher here too (2 days as of writing this). Found 3 caches in the local area so far. Also a radio amateur but not really active now - G6FGY. Still keeping the licence going just in case I get the bug again.

Good luck and happy caching.

Edited by geobrian_w