Whaddaya say ?

frozenflyboy

Whaddaya say when someone comes up to you and asks..... What the hull are you duin?

I spend a lot of time tinkin' 'bout 'dis when I am, sneakin 'roun da alleyways geosniffen'. :lol:

Take tonite 'frinstance. I was in a slow sweat particularly since I hadn't brought the clue with me. Yep thas rite, I had no clues with me.... :P:D

Whaddaya say when someone comes up to you and asks..... What the hull are you duin?

I spend a lot of time tinkin' 'bout 'dis when I am, sneakin 'roun da alleyways geosniffen'. :lol:

Take tonite 'frinstance. I was in a slow sweat particularly since I hadn't brought the clue with me. Yep thas rite, I had no clues with me.... :P:D

I just say that I'm looking for a ball that I threw. That usually works.

I spend a lot of time tinkin' 'bout 'dis when I am, sneakin 'roun da alleyways geosniffen'. :P

Take tonite 'frinstance. I was in a slow sweat particularly since I hadn't brought the clue with me. Yep thas rite, I had no clues with me.... :D:D

Can someone translate this into English? :lol:

I gather from the other responses you were approached by someone during a search. So far everytime this has happened to me I'm honest. Tell them your friend hid something here for you, and now you're trying to find it if you don't want to get into full details.

One night we were searching for a (come to find out it wasn't there after all) cache in front of a gated community, the cache was supposed to be on the com box out front. Several people pulled up and asked if we needed help. The first one tho we all looked at eachother (4 of us) and my wife speaks up saying "We're looking for my wedding ring!" and we used that for anyone else that asked lol. They all said good luck and went on their way. After 30 minutes of searching tho we found nothing, the owner went out the next day and confirmed it was missing.

When I'm by myself tho, if security types, or officials pull up and start looking at me specifically, I approach them and ask if they're watching me, then i explain what I was doing.

It depends on the geosense I get from the person. Are they questioning why I am here at all? (cop, landowner, concerned citizen) Are they just starting a conversation? (friendly hiker). Do they want to know what I am looking for? (cacher, pervert)

and so on.

It depends on the geosense I get from the person. Are they questioning why I am here at all? (cop, landowner, concerned citizen) Are they just starting a conversation? (friendly hiker). Do they want to know what I am looking for? (cacher, pervert)

and so on.

Ya, I kind of go with this one. Situation dependant. I've not been approached very often, but I usually tell some sort of the truth, but rarely the whole thing. Not yet been approached by law enforcement, that would be a whole truth situation. For shizzle.

Clueless, eh?

I usually tell them I'm geocaching, especially if they were to approach me saying, "What the hull are you duin?" in an authoritative manner.

It's actually an excellent way to break the fear of being made look silly.

Sort of like the old one where you stand in front of say MacDonalds and ask people how to find the closest McDonalds.

I did one awhile ago by a playground. I could just picture some paranoid mothers calling up the Police to report a pervert hangin around. Again just getting over the fear of looking stupid or not cool.