Garmin BirdsEye - "Download failed" for every single image.

I just purchased BirdsEye today, and so far every single image of every download I attempt gives me a "failed" report. In other words, every section I try to download gives me results like this:

Download status: Completed

Number of images: 2000

Download completed: 0

Download failed: 2000

Remaining Images: 0

What's interesting is that it takes a long time for the "images" to download, so it appears to be downloading something, but when it completes I have nothing.

I've tried numerous downloads with different detail levels and different size sections, including sections of only a couple square miles and only 100 or so images, but the same thing always happens. I found a few posts on the Garmin forums talking about similar experiences, but I figured I'd ask about this here.

Thanks for any feedback on this,

Larry

yeah i've been getting that for the past few days too. it worked fine before, but on thursday or so it suddenly died. decided to sniff the network traffic, and it was in fact errors (or rather redirects, heh) coming from their servers, so something's broken on their side.

kinda sucks because i just bought the subscription last week, so this downtime doesn't make me too enthused about it :lol:

Edited by dfx

yeah i've been getting that for the past few days too. it worked fine before, but on thursday or so it suddenly died. decided to sniff the network traffic, and it was in fact errors (or rather redirects, heh) coming from their servers, so something's broken on their side.

kinda sucks because i just bought the subscription last week, so this downtime doesn't make me too enthused about it :lol:

Ditto

I just bought my subscription this morning and I have nothing to show for my $29.99.

Ditto

I just bought my subscription this morning and I have nothing to show for my $29.99.

I just posted on the Garmin forums. Hopefully they'll get this fixed soon. Otherwise, I am going to ask for my money back.

Just talked to Garmin Tech Support and they did say that the servers are done and don't know when they will be fixed.

Also saw this just pop up on Garmin Forum:

We are currently investigating the BirdsEye outage that occurred over the weekend.

It appears that service was restored around 9AM PDT this morning.

I'll post again when we have more information.

I'm at work, but can anyone confirm BirdsEye is working again?