Unknown Cache Puzzle

Has the cache been found yet? If not, then the CO probably will not be giving out hints.

It is considered bad form to ask for help solving a puzzle on the forums.

You might want to attend a few events in the area and meet some of the local cachers. You might come across some that would enjoy partnering with you to solve some puzzles.

But to discuss it here would leave a permanent trail for anyone else. That's not kosher.

Has the cache been found yet? If not, then the CO probably will not be giving out hints.

You might want to attend a few events in the area and meet some of the local cachers. You might come across some that would enjoy partnering with you to solve some puzzles.

But to discuss it here would leave a permanent trail for anyone else. That's not kosher.

Yes plenty of people have found it

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...60-16d100e34022

I am well aware that your not supposed to discuss a puzzle if it hasnt been solved

Yes plenty of people have found it

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...60-16d100e34022

I am well aware that your not supposed to discuss a puzzle if it hasnt been solved

Discussing the solutions to puzzles, whether they've been found or not, isn't exactly kosher either, no?

The original post included a photo of a portion of the puzzle. Add that to the link to the cache page...and that's kinda the same thing, isn't it?

Lots of folks have managed to figure out the puzzle, and log "found it" logs. So I'm assuming that it's not that difficult to solve in the field? Perhaps one of the previous finders might be able to provide you with a nudge of a hint.

Owner posted a maintenance note on July 5th....so he/she is around, but perhaps busy with summer outings, etc.

Doesn't matter whether it's been solved or not.

You appear to be new, so I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt against the little voice in my head telling my otherwise.

If you are serious about this and not just trolling, then attend some events and network. You will find like minded people who would be more than happy to work with you on some puzzles in private.

Cache page says : "In the first stage cache you will find instructions on how to proceed with the rest of your cache hunt."

If you did not find any instructions, perhaps you did not find the first stage?

You could also ask a recent solver for help. With this cache, unless someone here has done it before, I doubt anyone could help.

Do what geoBain and Chrysalides recommended (go to an event and speak to other cachers, PM CO or read the instructions through).

As for asking for help solving puzzles on the forum, it is a no-no whether or not it has been found by no one or lots of people.

Think of it this way:

YOU create a puzzle that you are proud of, put it out there, some have solved it and found it and praised you for it and then someone comes along and can't figure it out and decides they go to the forums and airs it to the community and gets the answer and its out there for EVERYONE to see.

Now you will have a lot of cachers that didn't do the work for it grabbing the cache. What was once unique and a little difficult is now just like every other traditional cache.

Get it?