10-10-10 geocoins

leftyfb

I have seen a few threads here either asking about 10-10-10 geocoins or people saying they have them but have not seen pictures of them or definite answers whether any will be made.

I just put in an order to Oakcoins to mint 250 10-10-10 geocoins. The coin is to celebrate 10/10/10 which is the day my fiance and myself get married. We will be giving some out to guests at the wedding and selling the rest. The coordinates and map on the coin are the location of our wedding ceremony. There will also be a custom icon associated with the coin. I'm also trying to organize a small event at my wedding ceremony. It will be quick and be within visual distance of the ceremony itself. More details on the event as they come up.

coins.png

Anyone interested in these? Also, what is the best way to sell them?

Edited by leftyfb

I am interested in buying some 10-10-10 coins but not sure how to do so

advice

PM please

I'm still working that out. I'll post here once I figure it all out.

If anyone else knows the best way to go about this, please let me know. Otherwise i'll just put up a paypal or google checkout cart for people to buy them.

Is there a reason the 10-10-10s around th the edge on the back are opposite to the front?

yes. This struck me as odd at first notice as well. On the front with the 3 10's, it looks better for the 10's around the edge to be readable from the top going down. But on the back, it makes more sense for the 10's to be readable which are surrounding the "track me at geocaching.com" lettering.

At least this was my take. It was the artist who made it like that.

I am interested in buying some 10-10-10 coins but not sure how to do so

I'm still working that out. I'll post here once I figure it all out.

If anyone else knows the best way to go about this, please let me know. Otherwise i'll just put up a paypal or google checkout cart for people to buy them.

Just keep this thread open; when the coins come in, let folks know that they are available, and what the price will be (per coin, plus what the mailing fee will be), plus your e-mail address or reference your profile link. Folks will e-mail with their request and then you can send them PayPal invoices. If you look through the threads in this Forum, you will see many offerings of this nature. If you can post a photo of the finished product (take one shot of two coins, back and front, side-by-side: do *NOT* use flash!), all the better :laughing: Be sure to list the finishes available, and whether there is a unique icon or not. The icon makes them more expensive, but also a bit more desirable, especially for icon collectors, such as us. I realize that you already mentioned that, but it won't hurt to repeat it.

Edited by chaosmanor

Update:

There was a bit of a setback with the design. Somehow, the "track me at geocaching.com" text on the bottom of the coin got left out in the final production. The coins are now being remade and are expected to ship to the vendor on July 19th. They will then be shipped to me. I'll hopefully have them by the end of the month. In the meantime, here is a picture of the coins as they were minted the first time around:

coin1small.jpgcoin2small.jpg

Front - full size Back - full size

The coin is called "Tying The Knot On 10-10-10" and will have it's own icon: 3800.gif

Thanks! Looking forward to delivery. :laughing:

You are the first to order! Thanks for your interest and support. I'll have this all packaged up when I get home tonight and will be mailed out first class mail first thing tomorrow.

Edited by leftyfb

UPDATED INFORMATION:

IMG_3251_thumb.JPGIMG_3250_thumb.JPG

This geocoin is to celebrate 10/10/10 which is the day my fiancee and myself get married. We will be giving some out to guests at the wedding and selling the rest to help pay for the wedding. We tried to keep the coin as generic as possible with the "10-10-10" theme while sneaking in some details from our wedding. The coordinates and map on the back of coin are the location of our wedding ceremony.

The coin does have a custom icon at geocaching.com 3800.gif. We are also trying to organize a small geocaching event at the wedding ceremony. The event will be brief and will be within visual distance of the ceremony itself. More details on the event as they come up.

You can get them at http://coins.thepenguinpalace.net

Feel free to contact me at leftyfb at thepenguinpalace.net with any questions or feedback or just post here.

Edited by leftyfb

Congratulations, I might just get one of these!

This geocoin is to celebrate 10/10/10 which is the day my fiancee and myself get married. We will be giving some out to guests at the wedding and selling the rest to help pay for the wedding. We tried to keep the coin as generic as possible with the "10-10-10" theme while sneaking in some details from our wedding. The coordinates and map on the back of coin are the location of our wedding ceremony.

The coin does have a custom icon at geocaching.com 3800.gif. We are also trying to organize a small geocaching event at the wedding ceremony. The event will be brief and will be within visual distance of the ceremony itself. More details on the event as they come up.

Feel free to contact me at leftyfb at thepenguinpalace.net with any questions or feedback or just post here.

P.S. I started this new thread from here since the description and first post were pre-production and not editable. This new post has the updated information and pictures.

I'll be the bad guy. I just had a delicious lunch, and I'm in between meetings, so I have time to respond. :shocked:

It's your price point. Frankly, a coin of that design and size (assuming it's 1.75-2.00") would retail for $8-$10. More like $8 IMO. The problem is, you probably paid around $7 each for them. I'm just guessing at what you paid, but since I manufacture thousands of coins a week, I bet I'm pretty close :laughing: So hoping to get $16 + shipping for them seems a bit unreasonable to me. I would suggest dropping them down to $10 (kinda works too, since its a 10-10-10 themed event).

But, alas, that's all just my opinion. So take it for what you will. I hope your coin sales improve. Good luck with your wedding either way. :angry:

TMA

How many coins are being minted? That might effect willingness to pay $16 too. If we knew it was a small round, say 100, I'd be more willing to pay. If there is going to be 1000, OUCH I wouldn't buy one. But, that is just me. :anibad:

edited: Oops, forgot to say, I like the coin, and I like thought behind it. CONGRATS!!

Edited by Firefly03

How many coins are being minted? That might effect willingness to pay $16 too. If we knew it was a small round, say 100, I'd be more willing to pay. If there is going to be 1000, OUCH I wouldn't buy one. But, that is just me. :anibad:

edited: Oops, forgot to say, I like the coin, and I like thought behind it. CONGRATS!!

There were 250 made. Only 100 will be sold. The rest will be given to the wedding guests, most of which will never see a cache.

The 01-01-01 on the back is something I can get past. Any seeing as I don't know you, I also don't need the souvenir from your wedding location. Good luck.

The 10-10-10's go all around the perimeter of the coin if you turn the coin following them. As for it being a souvenir, we tried to make it as generic as possible and kept with mostly a "10-10-10" theme. The items having to do with our wedding are hidden within the design and aren't known unless explained.

As for price, I have dropped the price down by $1.00 from $16.50 to $15.50. This is the best we can do for now to try and recoup the cost of minting them. Any lower than that and we'll be losing money.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Hopefully we can get more of these sold going forward. It has certainly been a learning experience.

Edited by leftyfb

UPDATED INFORMATION:

I placed my order as a gift to my youngest grand-daughter who will also marry on 10-10-10. Congratulations.

As for price, I have dropped the price down by $1.00 from $16.50 to $15.50. This is the best we can do for now to try and recoup the cost of minting them. Any lower than that and we'll be losing money.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Hopefully we can get more of these sold going forward. It has certainly been a learning experience.

Oh, I get it now. You bought 250 for around for around $6.00 each and you were trying to sell 100 of them to pay for the 250 total, thus making the 150 you are giving to guest a good investment.

I would suggest to you and others that they work with a geocoin company that will listen to a reason like this and make appropriate suggestions. I would have told you that you would not be able to sell enough to make your many back on the one's you are giving away. I think that might have scared you away. but if it didn't, I would have suggested that one gifts not be trackable and I would have gotten the cost of the coin as low as possible so you could still produce a nice souvenir for your guest.

As you indicate, learning experience. Dealing with a coin company with this experiance would have helped you and will help others. Good luck with your coin sales.

A little over 2 weeks to go. We've been selling a lot lately and they're going quick.

I love getting feedback like this:

"Received the 3 coins today that I purchased last week - they look great! Going to get a couple more so I can keep one and give 4 out at a 10-10-10 event we're hosting! Thanks and good luck!"

I think also, there is the 10-10-10 factor that that day is the multi geocaching events and the actual 10-10-10 event coins that were made for each state is higher om cachers collectable chart. I think that may take presidence over your wedding coin.

Congratulations and many happy years.

Edited by opalsns

Words cannot even do this coin justice. I can personally vouch for the beauty of this coin. I had initially thought WOW just looking at the images... but upon receiving it WOW turned into WOW²! I love the multitude of meanings this coin signifies and would recommend this for everyones collection or release to the wild. Congrats on the wedding Leftyfb!

Edited by umop3plsdn

Congratulations on what I hope was a fantastic wedding today, leftyb!

Your coin was a HUGE hit at the 10-10-10 event that I attended this evening, people loved it. They were all excited to see that it was not the same 10-10-10 coin that is now up for pre-sale at geoswag.com. They knew that seeing this guy was going to be rare! Thanks again, and congrats!