How good is the paperless caching with the Garmoin 62s?

I'm looking to buy the Garmin 62s. I have the Garmin 60CSx now. My main interest is the paperless geocaching. I am able to do it somewhat with the 60CSx using GSAK, etc., but it is somewhat difficult since you have to change screens to read descriptions and other info.

What I really want to know is how good is the 62s at true paperless caching. How do you get the info into the unit? Can I include descriptions, logs, etc?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Nebrcacher

I'm looking to buy the Garmin 62s. I have the Garmin 60CSx now. My main interest is the paperless geocaching. I am able to do it somewhat with the 60CSx using GSAK, etc., but it is somewhat difficult since you have to change screens to read descriptions and other info.

What I really want to know is how good is the 62s at true paperless caching. How do you get the info into the unit? Can I include descriptions, logs, etc?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

with a premium membership, you can send .gpx files to it. includes cache #, name, description, size, difficulty, hint, logs.

i used mine for the 1st time today, works great. it's my first paperless GPS. i like it so far.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/alt-image.do?pI...ageScreen4Large

i use the premium membership to create a pocket query, then open and send it to my GPS with EASYGPS. i loaded up 1000 caches yesterday and they all have hints, desc, logs, size, etc. very nice. now i can drive around town with it even when i'm not caching and if i have time, i can jump over to grab a few.

Edited by brucered

Logged caches for the first time today using "Field Notes." Sure made it a lot easier and fast having all the caches I found today all together in one place ready to add log notes. It was also nice to have the cache description/logs/hint at hand while out looking for the cache and not having to go back to the truck to look on the Nuvi or calling home. :lol:

The 62 paperless caching support is very similar to the Oregon and Dakota if you have seen either of those units in action.

Cache data is downloaded via gpx file (i.e. pocket query or export from GSAK), you have almost all of the information about the cache short of images. Fieldnotes are also supported which allow you to mark your finds, DNF's in the field and upload them once you get home.

GO$Rs

The 62 paperless caching support is very similar to the Oregon and Dakota if you have seen either of those units in action.

Cache data is downloaded via gpx file (i.e. pocket query or export from GSAK), you have almost all of the information about the cache short of images. Fieldnotes are also supported which allow you to mark your finds, DNF's in the field and upload them once you get home.

GO$Rs

i like the FILTERs you can set and save. i have about 1000 caches loaded, but wen i take the kids, i don't want to do MICRO's or MULTI's, so i set up a filter called "No micros or multi" and when i'm with them, i just run it and it only shows the other ones.