WTB: Garmin 60CSx -- Need Tips for Hot Sales

miPod

I have a Magellan eXplorist 210, and I'm looking to upgrade to a Garmin 60Csx. Does anyone have any leads on any good sales right now? I keep hearing rumors that sales should be forthcoming, with the newer models hitting the market and all, but I have yet to see 'em.

Anyone know where I can find them? Are there any coming up this weekend?

Cabelas had them on sale last month for $179 or was that $197? Anyway much lower then the MSRP

I just bought one & it cost me 299....it's for sale a few posts down, but I can't touch those prices, nor do I think you'll find a new (non-refurbished) one for that kind of money now. It makes me wonder if Cabelas had refurbished units they were selling

here's mine for sale

Edited by blackknife

I have a Magellan eXplorist 210, and I'm looking to upgrade to a Garmin 60Csx. Does anyone have any leads on any good sales right now? I keep hearing rumors that sales should be forthcoming, with the newer models hitting the market and all, but I have yet to see 'em.

I have a 60Csx used less than 1 hour in original box. I also will include the protective carrying case and a TOPO US 100K data card (paid $89) for upper East Coast (never used). I have almost $400 invested and will sell all for $220 firm and will ship.

LK

Please delete this topic. I have purchased this model from someone one eBay, for a little under $200.

Thanks for the kind replies and offers, everyone! Looking forward to getting this one out and about for a little spin in the field!

Cabelas had them on sale last month for $179 or was that $197? Anyway much lower then the MSRP

I just bought one & it cost me 299....it's for sale a few posts down, but I can't touch those prices, nor do I think you'll find a new (non-refurbished) one for that kind of money now. It makes me wonder if Cabelas had refurbished units they were selling

here's mine for sale

Cabela had NEW ones and has them again on sale for $199.95 8/19 to 8/25

here's mine for sale

Cabela had NEW ones and has them again on sale for $199.95 8/19 to 8/25

The Cabela's Flyer that came in today's mail has them new for $199 as part of the Great Outdoors sale. I doubt they're refurbished. They probably got stuck with a bunch and need to clear out before the new models start becoming available. It's also possible they know something we don't about the future of this model.

Either way, I plan on picking one up this weekend. Don't think it comes with Topo maps, and the website doesn't show the discount. It was on the flyer (I went back and double-checked).

I have a gently used 60Csx that I am selling along with the MapSource Topo CD's for the whole country. I have two gps' and am selling this one since I no longer use it. Let me know if interested.

That amazon ad is for the 60cs not 60csx. Not sure what the difference is between the, maybe someone could enlighten me. I got stuck between the Delorme PN series and the Garmin 60csx. In order to get the Delorme that doesn't suck batteries and has the kinks worked out you need the PN-60 which just came out so its a bit out of our budget. The wife is convincing me to steer away from the PN40 and stick with the Garmin.

Today i received a call from Everbuying, they said i have the privilege to join their Dropship! What is Dropship?Anybody have ideas about this? :blink:

To "drop ship" is typically when a company acts as a wholesaler for products and ships directly to the end consumer.

Let's say you want to sell Widgets for $19.99. You don't want to fill your garage with boxes full of Widgets, but there is another company called "Acme Widgets" that already stocks the same Widgets and is willing to sell them to you at a wholesale rate of $14.99 and act as your distributor. They don't sell directly to the customer, they only sell to other companies like yours.

You sell your Widget for $19.99 and then place the order with Acme Widgets for $14.99 and they "drop ship" the Widget directly to your customer, most often with your information on the return address label, as if you were the one that actually sold it and shipped it. You make $5.00 and the customer is none the wiser.

Amazon.com is a perfect example of the practice of "drop shipping" products for companies through their own website orders.

Do you still have the unit and what maps (Canada? ) are included. USB, power cords?

I have a 60Csx used less than 1 hour in original box. I also will include the protective carrying case and a TOPO US 100K data card (paid $89) for upper East Coast (never used). I have almost $400 invested and will sell all for $220 firm and will ship.

LK