Funnest Cache Found

AKDisneyPirates

Some of the most memorable caches we've found are unique containers. Use your imagination...I've seen fake rocks, stumps, sticks, etc. and they all make memorable caches.

In my opinion, themed caches are not great. Asking to only trade items of a certain type (say a dog themed cache or a fruit themed cache) gets quickly neglected and the cache is not themed for too long before random items are traded.

Nice locations (waterfalls, parks, streams) make a cache memorable too! LPCs (Lamp Post Caches) and micros in parking lots usually aren't memorable.

If you want it to be memorable cache, use your imagination....if your first cache isn't memorable, chances are you'll come across a location in your geocaching travels that may be worthy of a cache!

Just my thoughts...

-Kyle

Totally agree with 'ky.m.guy'. The most interesting caches we've found are those that had a description that almost forced us to go and see what the location offered. Waterfalls, views, and historical locations like abandoned villages tease us the most. 'Dying to be Memorable' (GCGQ9E by Amazon Annie) up near Huntsville has been the MOST intriguing cache for us to date. Challenge caches are great too; but some can be done at the kitchen table, and the actual hide could have been in your backyard. Take the time to research your hiding place, and tell the cacher a story of the significance of your chosen location

Make your cache appealing to everyone. Personal locations, like 'George's second birthday spot' or 'Our anniversary picnic' may not be significant to others. Imagine you are visitor from another country. Would they want to search out your particular cache ?

Edited by Bullfrog Eh-Team