logging of finds

Stockley_true

You can't....all have to do a log to be counted. What we have done before is one person writes the detailed log and the others just log something like "Found with _____"

"Before beginning a hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it." Pooh

Actually each can log it. Just input the number (since the entire team has it) and note your find accordingly. Who ever has the bug in their "possession" after the logging will be the only one to be able to drop it into a cache. I believe this will work ... I've seen a variation of it work when one of mine was not logged and later found by another person. In that case it took a little juggling of emails (but that was another issue).

348_2702.gif

Actually, Hawkeye's suggestion is a good one. I just don't think he "fleshed out" his answer enough.

Player A could retrieve it from the cache.

Player B could "grab it" directly from Player A.

Player C could "grab it" directly from Player B.

Player C would have to be the one who places it in the next cache.

This way each of you gets credit for having found the bug, but only one cacher has the responsibility of having to virtually "place" the bug in the next cache.

By the way, that Player A, B, and C scenario above sounds like what my brothers and I did in the back seat of the station wagon on the four hour trip to Grandma's house. icon_wink.gif

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

Actually, Hawkeye's suggestion is a good one. I just don't think he "fleshed out" his answer enough.

Player A could retrieve it from the cache.

Player B could "grab it" directly from Player A.

Player C could "grab it" directly from Player B.

Player C would have to be the one who places it in the next cache.

This way each of you gets credit for having found the bug, but only one cacher has the responsibility of having to virtually "place" the bug in the next cache.

By the way, that Player A, B, and C scenario above sounds like what my brothers and I did in the back seat of the station wagon on the four hour trip to Grandma's house. icon_wink.gif

Markwell

My Geocaching Page