Is it time yet?

Shirley says she's ready for another contest.

We would need to come up with some prizes and a timetable (mid August to Mid November, perhaps), I already have ideas on how to score the contest, so for now, we need to know if there is enough interest in having a contest to justify the effort.

Post a note here if you would like to see another contest take place and let us know when you would like to see it start and end.

If there is enough interest, I will post some preliminary rules and what you'd be looking for. :laughing:

John

Having never done one before I don't know what's involved......but I'm probably in.

For this contest you would be required to use the "Hippo List". You would be require to recover a specific number of Survey markers from 2 different lists on that page (scroll down to the A 12 code and the A 29 code lists). You would score points for each recovery made that meets the requirements of the contest. You would then be able to score bonus points for accomplishing specific recoveries. This could be anything from recovering a certain number of benchmarks or maybe something like recovering marks set in a certain year or even recovering a mark that someone else had declared "destroyed" on GC.com. This will not be known until the contest rules are finalized.

Prizes have not been determined yet. Donations would definitely be accepted. Prizes will be announced before the contest starts.

If you do not yet use GSAK, now might be a good time to start. The search features will definitely make deciding which marks to search for a lot simpler.

John

Shirley says she's ready for another contest.

We would need to come up with some prizes and a timetable (mid August to Mid November, perhaps), I already have ideas on how to score the contest, so for now, we need to know if there is enough interest in having a contest to justify the effort.

Post a note here if you would like to see another contest take place and let us know when you would like to see it start and end.

If there is enough interest, I will post some preliminary rules and what you'd be looking for. :)

John

In this heat? :o

Bite me. :D

I mean that in the nicest way possible... :(