Reporting a post

a cachin we will go

Hello, I tried to report a post, and I did, but I didn't do it correctly. I clicked on "admin" and did it that way. I then noticed the "report" button at the bottom of the offending post and tried it that way but it wouldn't work. It kept timing out.

I would like to report this post:

GPS Garage Sale - New In Box Garmin eTrex Never Used - Posts # 16 & 17. Number 16 is, in my opinion, designed to destroy my reputation on this site. Post Number 17 is my reply to that one, and I would like it removed as well because I "quoted" the previous one, which also includes the malicious slander.

She and I were corresponding via private email and she said some rude things (my opinion) by running down what I was selling. I let her know I didn't appreciate that, and that if she would've just asked, I would've returned her money. I guess that wasn't good enough.

It is my opinion, based on what she posted, "And to everyone else out there looking for a deal, STAY FAR, FAR AWAY from this one.", she intended to ruin my reputation.

If that isn't against the rules, it should be.

The moderators did see your three post reports. They go through even though the clunky forum software gives the reporter an error message.

I don't think any action is needed but I'd be happy to close your thread if you'd like to just put it behind you.

The moderators did see your three post reports. They go through even though the clunky forum software gives the reporter an error message.

I don't think any action is needed but I'd be happy to close your thread if you'd like to just put it behind you.

Gotta agree with Keystone on this one...the laundry has been aired...so to speak...it would be best to just have a forum moderator close it for you and let it fall off and die as new threads get posted.

So what you're saying is that the maliciously slanderous remarks will remain? Classy!

So anybody can come on these boards and maliciously slander somebody else and the remarks will remain? No matter what? You mean I could do it too? And you'll allow those things to remain, for all the world to see?

Hmmmm. I'm going to do some talking to other people tomorrow about this.

So what you're saying is that the maliciously slanderous remarks will remain? Classy!

So anybody can come on these boards and maliciously slander somebody else and the remarks will remain? No matter what? You mean I could do it too? And you'll allow those things to remain, for all the world to see?

The truth is not slander.

That's right. I guess you'll just have to take them to court.

Look: disagreeing about the value of an object for sale is NOT slander. Telling others to avoid somebody because of apparent emotional problems is NOT slander. Accusing somebody of slander that has not in reality slandered you, is slander. The only one out on a limb here, the way I see it, is you. But I am not a lawyer.

Dude, the report option has a bug that when used, errors out. The report was made, but yes it still confuses those who don't know about the bug.

If you didn't think it worked, the best thing would be to contact gc.com directly, whether that be a forum mod or email contact@geocaching.com

You can still get an improper post removed.

edit: grammer

Edited by BlueDeuce

I wonder how many of us would never have noticed the temper tantrum if the OP hadn't called our attention to it...

Too true.

I hadn't look in that forum group since I figured out how to expand and collapse the ones I wanted to look at, but after this whole dust up... I just had to.

What? Nobody is going to point out the difference between slander and libel?!?!?!?

What kind of internets is this??

Well... actually, I almost did at one point. I even had part of what I needed in my clipboard, when I said, "nahhhhhh". I'd probably be accused of it myself if I had posted that.

What? Nobody is going to point out the difference between slander and libel?!?!?!?

mmmm... I wondered about that too.

I didn't like to mention it because... well... you know... it is in US, t'other side of the Pond... I wasn't sure whether the two are differentiated the same way as over here... :laughing:

MrsB

I would have. But since both hinge of defamation of character and that doesn't exist in this case, then it doesn't really matter whether it was written or spoken.

I think the real libel started when the poor old Etrex was described as "yellow" by the OP.
True... that model, while maybe not as fancy as its brethren, was certainly brave enough.

Y'all are really hurting that poor gps' feelings.

I did apologize to him. And the ebay model DID sell for $50. So that should give him a boost, no?

I think the real libel started when the poor old Etrex was described as "yellow" by the OP.
True... that model, while maybe not as fancy as its brethren, was certainly brave enough.

I did apologize to him. And the ebay model DID sell for $50. So that should give him a boost, no?

You sure that he didn't buy it at that, just to prove you wrong?
You sure that he didn't buy it at that, just to prove you wrong?

Or to make his gps feel better?

I've been curious since the explosion over there. Did she return your money?

Quotes look beautifully boxed when they are all one-liners. :blink: Edited by Sioneva
Quotes look beautifully boxed when they are all one-liners. ;)
You look beautiful when you talk about boxed one-liners. :blink:
Quotes look beautifully boxed when they are all one-liners. :blink:
Yes they do, don't they? Matching smilies are nice, too!!!!!! ;)
Quotes look beautifully boxed when they are all one-liners. :lol:
Yes they do, don't they? Matching smilies are nice, too!!!!!! :P
So is the issue all resolved, can the thread be closed, and how many quotes can be nested?
Quotes look beautifully boxed when they are all one-liners. :lol:
Yes they do, don't they? Matching smilies are nice, too!!!!!! :P
So is the issue all resolved, can the thread be closed, and how many quotes can be nested?

I don't know, that is a very interesting question.

Quotes look beautifully boxed when they are all one-liners. :P
Yes they do, don't they? Matching smilies are nice, too!!!!!! :D

I'll give you a hint. One more person will be able to nest these. :lol:

Really? I thought quotes was one thing they didn't limit here on the forums.

And is that other person the man in the white coat or the one with a brick around his neck?

Edited by jholly

Really? I thought quotes was one thing they didn't limit here on the forums.

Did I bork the quote thingy?

Edit: Yay! I did!

Edited by Jumpin' Jack Cache
?????????

MAGOR pages of blank stuff does not work well for me. Quotes obviously need to be banninated. :lol:

Yeah, he sure Wrastro'd that post up, didn't he?

:P

I think that changing avatars should bannated as well. Starting now.

I thought you had an eye patch...