bugged about a log

Ukulele Andy

I left the Team Shuey Racer TB in a cache in NC today, my last day of vacation but before I could get home and get online to log the TB placement someone found it and logged it. This automatically removed it from my inventory so when I logged my visit I could not log that I left the TB in the cache. Is there any way to log my placement?

Yeah, this happens all the time - It's nobody's fault. That's why you should always keep the tag number (I keep mine on the back of old business cards in my wallet). You can grab it back, then log it into the cache. Just let the folks who have it know, so they can grab it back.

-------------

"Thos' Degrees of Longitude and Latitude in Name, yet in Earthly reality are they Channels mark'd for the transport of some unseen Influence, one carefully assembl'd chain…"

– Thomas Pynchon, Mason & Dixon

This just happened to me, with Chris the Cross Canada Beaver. Picked him up, logged it, placed it a couple of days later out of reach of my PC and zip, off he went. I guess because it was my first bug, I didn't keep the tag number. I understand how to delete and relog, (We were on vacation in BC from Ohio, so going back to grab him isn't an option)so is there an easy way to find out his tag number? Guess I learned something new again. icon_smile.gif

If I needed a tag number to do a virtual grab, I'd explain my situation to the bug's owner. They should be happy to help, if you seem sincere. You could also ask whoever has the bug to help. Remember to back-date your log, so things stay in the correct order (and, like I said, make sure the current holders know what you've done, so they can virtually grab it back, and have it in their inventory for drop off).

-------------

"Thos' Degrees of Longitude and Latitude in Name, yet in Earthly reality are they Channels mark'd for the transport of some unseen Influence, one carefully assembl'd chain…"

I contacted the owner of the TB and he was happy to provide me with the number so that I could "grab" the bug back. I also notified the current TB host and he has made the needed corrections at his end. Thanks for the good ideas, from now on I will write down the bug numbers just in case. . .

quote:
Originally posted by The Alethiometrists:

If I needed a tag number to do a virtual grab, I'd explain my situation to the bug's owner. They should be happy to help, if you seem sincere. You could also ask whoever has the bug to help. Remember to back-date your log, so things stay in the correct order (and, like I said, make sure the current holders know what you've done, so they can virtually grab it back, and have it in their inventory for drop off).

-------------