Colorado 400t...probs with uploading field notes

Hey all you fellow geocachers out there,

The last couple of cache runs, I've had trouble uploading the field notes to gc.com from my Garmin Colorado 400t. Anyone else having this problem? Here is what is happening. I go to the field notes page, click on the Garmin Colorado, then it brings me to the page to click "browse", then I find the file, and click on "upload". Then one of two things happens, nothing OR it tells me that 0 files were uploaded. Ugghh. I don't know if it is a problem with gc.com or my unit. I have the same problem when trying to upload to my account (5-4-Fun) and my daughter's (blue gem). Any suggestions, ideas, UGGHH...this is very frustrating!!! :laughing:

Thank you!

Edited by 5-4-Fun

The last couple of cache runs, I've had trouble uploading the field notes to gc.com from my Garmin Colorado 400t. Anyone else having this problem? Here is what is happening. I go to the field notes page, click on the Garmin Colorado, then it brings me to the page to click "browse", then I find the file, and click on "upload". Then one of two things happens, nothing OR it tells me that 0 files were uploaded. Ugghh. I don't know if it is a problem with gc.com or my unit. I have the same problem when trying to upload to my account (5-4-Fun) and my daughter's (blue gem). Any suggestions, ideas, UGGHH...this is very frustrating!!! :laughing:

Thank you!

Especially if you've been collecting caches in the geocache_visits.txt file for a while (that's the one you need to upload), you might want to also uncheck the "Ignore logs before" box (above the "Browse" button) that talks about not uploading caches found prior to a specific date. I've seen some odd dates up there -- sometimes very close to the current date.

When you are finally successful, don't forget to delete that file from your 400's Garmin folder with your PC.

Edited by ecanderson

Thank you!

Especially if you've been collecting caches in the geocache_visits.txt file for a while (that's the one you need to upload), you might want to also uncheck the "Ignore logs before" box (above the "Browse" button) that talks about not uploading caches found prior to a specific date. I've seen some odd dates up there -- sometimes very close to the current date.

When you are finally successful, don't forget to delete that file from your 400's Garmin folder with your PC.

Am I supposed to delete the whole file after I upload them? I've just been deleting the info from the text file and just saving it as a blank document. Been doing that for almost two years and it's been working fine. I'm going caching tomorrow and hopefully I'll get this figured out by the time I need to log again...I sure love the technology when it works...not so much when it doesn't. I can't bear the thought of going back to the old way of logging each individually. Thanks for your help. I'll try that. Keep your fingers crossed for me ok?

personally i delete the file after every usage (i.e. when i got to log my finds). but replacing it with an empty document is fine also, as long as the document is really empty, and not just a document containing a few blank lines or lines with spaces in them. so, to be on the safe side: delete.