map with only caches I found?

K57

Is it possible to get a map with on the caches I have found on it? I am sure it is a simple task, but I can not figure out how to do it. Help Please..... Thanks... Ken...

Just your finds? Not that I know of on the site.

To veiw the map with all your area- smiles included. Go to your profile. On the right will be an option to map it (blue icon), click on the map and away you go.

Is it possible to get a map with on the caches I have found on it? I am sure it is a simple task, but I can not figure out how to do it. Help Please..... Thanks... Ken...

Since you're a Premium member...get your My Finds PQ and open it in Google Earth. :laughing:

That was easy! :laughing:

If you have an old MyFinds PQ email (from before they became download only), there is a link in that, it will still work and the data is current.

If you don't have an old email, BUT you have run a MyFinds PQ recently, look at the pq download page and determine the guid for your myfinds pq (its the long string of numbers and letters seperated by a couple of hyphens), you can do this by putting your mouse pointer over the download link and looking at the stat bar at the bottom of your browser, don't click and download it, since the site changes the name for the actual download.

Change out the xxxx's in this url for your guid:

http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx...xxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Here it is unhacked by the site:

http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx?guid=xxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Bookmark it since it will never change (I have heard if you don't run your myfinds pq for a really long time it may change, but thats unconfirmed).

Edited by Potato Finder

http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx?guid=xxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Tried this. While it shows many of my finds, it doesn't show all of them. :laughing:

There must be a limit to the number of caches it will display (I have over 4,000 finds).

There must be a limit to the number of caches it will display (I have over 4,000 finds).

What does the count on the right hand side of the map say?

I wonder if its a limit of the google maps or a limit that gc is imposing.

I tried mine. PQ generated today, 1400 entries. On my map, 1125 shown. I checked GSAK, there are 1269 found and not archived.

What does the count on the right hand side of the map say?

I wonder if its a limit of the google maps or a limit that gc is imposing.

When I first launch the URL it says 1,163...which is clearly wrong...must be a limitation of Google Maps.

That trick didn't work for me. Firefox hung up for about a minute then I got he "parsing geocaches" message. Ten minutes later the map was still parsing, or so it said.

Then again, I do have quite a few finds...

I only tried it with Chrome. I was afraid to try with any other browser.

I'm sure there is a simple way to do it with a premium membership. We are not premium members so I use individual .loc files for each cache to create my maps. Takes a little while to get everything up and running, but once the system is in place it works well.

-Tracker

Edited by XC_Tracker

When I try it, it returns a bunch of caches, but none of them are ones I've found. It seems random. Some of them are different continents!

Be sure you are using the guid of the myfinds query, not your guid.

Yeah. If you use an invalid GUID (that is, one that doesn't belong to your PQ) you'll likely get the list of 100 oldest geocaches still in existence.

What's a GUID??

GUID = globally unique identifier. It is a randomly generated large number (128 bits in length) that has an extremely low chance of being duplicated.

It looks like this :

5f60d67b-48d4-4982-9a72-7dc309a2dd9d

Everything in the geocaching.com website (note : not the forums) is identified with a GUID - user account (that is your account GUID, BTW), log entry, geocache, photo, geocoin, bookmark, and so on. It is probably because Groundspeak uses Microsoft ASP.NET for its backend.

There's lots of details regarding GUIDs (like how not all 128 bits are random and so on) that you're probably not interested in. But if you are, you can check out the Wikipedia article.

What's a GUID??

GUID = globally unique identifier. It is a randomly generated large number (128 bits in length) that has an extremely low chance of being duplicated.

It looks like this :

5f60d67b-48d4-4982-9a72-7dc309a2dd9d

Everything in the geocaching.com website (note : not the forums) is identified with a GUID - user account (that is your account GUID, BTW), log entry, geocache, photo, geocoin, bookmark, and so on. It is probably because Groundspeak uses Microsoft ASP.NET for its backend.

There's lots of details regarding GUIDs (like how not all 128 bits are random and so on) that you're probably not interested in. But if you are, you can check out the Wikipedia article.

What? Are you telling me that a GUID isn't really a creature that attacks you when your latern goes out down in the caverns of Zork?
What? Are you telling me that a GUID isn't really a creature that attacks you when your latern goes out down in the caverns of Zork?
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Nope. (but you knew that, of course :lol: )

Man, thanks for bringing back those memories. That was a beautifully crafted game.