Delayed responses from the reviewer

Am I the only one that has an issue with our local reviewer (i,riblit) only accessing the Geocaching site once a week? I have posted a new cache on Monday the 19th and to date it has not been reviewed. As a matter of interest, this is the second cache I am experiencing this with. It appears that he is only accessing the site on a Saturday. I understand that he probably has a live and has other more important things to do, but then either get another reviewer in the area or pass up the role as a reviewer. But to just log onto the site at all doesn't make for a happy cacher.

Am I the only one that has an issue with our local reviewer (i,riblit) only accessing the Geocaching site once a week? I have posted a new cache on Monday the 19th and to date it has not been reviewed. As a matter of interest, this is the second cache I am experiencing this with.

Experiencing what? Being 1 day less than the 3 days you were told it might take?

"Rules of the road" Date 12/29/2009; Published 12/30/2009

"Lomandra" Date 06/12/2010; Published 06/15/2010

"Currumbin Rock" Date 06/19/2010; Published 06/20/2010

"Aqua Solaire" Date 07/11/2010; Published 07/17/2010 - But based on previous history, I'll bet dollars to donuts that there's a story here, and the review was initiated within the 3 day goal. Care to let us know if that's true or not? Any issues with this cache that caused it to be delayed?

It appears that he is only accessing the site on a Saturday.

Let's see. Looking at the publish dates, I see a Wednesday, a Thursday, a Tuesday, and a Saturday.

But don't the facts stand in the way of a good rant.

Edited by Prime Suspect

There was a story behind Aqua Solaire, it was published with a link to the artists website on the 11th. Upon request to remove it on the 13th, it was removed and the reviewer was notified, the cache still only went live on the 17th. The others were published within the time period expected and I have no issue with those.

Am I the only one that has an issue with our local reviewer (i,riblit) only accessing the Geocaching site once a week? I have posted a new cache on Monday the 19th and to date it has not been reviewed. As a matter of interest, this is the second cache I am experiencing this with. It appears that he is only accessing the site on a Saturday. I understand that he probably has a live and has other more important things to do, but then either get another reviewer in the area or pass up the role as a reviewer. But to just log onto the site at all doesn't make for a happy cacher.

The service goal is 72 hours. Not sure that I am seeing the problem based upon the scenario outlined in your OP.

There was a story behind Aqua Solaire, it was published with a link to the artists website on the 11th. Upon request to remove it on the 13th, it was removed and the reviewer was notified, the cache still only went live on the 17th. The others were published within the time period expected and I have no issue with those.

So I fail to see what your issue is. I've submitted caches that took a week or more to publish. No big deal. It's not like they rotted away while awaiting publication.

As a reviewer there have been times where life got in the way and I didn't log onto the site for a few days. A few caches might have waited beyond the preferred 72 hour period. It happens.

If this were a persistent issue you might have a legit complaint, but it seems that it is an isolated one.

So relax and wait. The cache isn't going anywhere (if you hid it well enough).

... on the 11th. Upon request to remove it on the 13th...

Nothing says all caches will be published within 3 days, only that they will be reviewed within 3 days. If a reviewer only looks at caches and responds to emails 3 times a week, that is within the expected time frame.

Relax, it's only a game.