WTB Geocaching unit for home schooling...is this cheating?

First, I have to say that this Geocaching has been the best thing to happen for a while for my girls. We love being outdoors and love walking trails. Geocaching has turned our walks into these awesome adventures! And I thank everyone on this site for that! We live in the Concord, New Hampshire area and have been doing this since winter. I home school the children and actually use Geocaching for part of their curriculum. It teaches a lot of things not to mention the skills they master with the hunt! What is nice is they learn as they school and don't even know it. To them they are just having fun! But, I am getting tired of being able to go to the ones that have really good hints with pictures. We have only been able to find a small percentage due to doing it this way. I did mention to my daughters today that I was thinking of getting a unit only to have my nine year old say that we can't get one for it would be.....CHEATING!!!! This is how serious they are about Geocaching! But, I have decided that I would like to be more productive. They do get down when we hunt and hunt and don't find. I am on SSI and am limited with what i can purchase. I really only want what we need and that is a unit that just gives us the coordinates. Nothing fancy just something that lets us know where are close!! If anyone has one hanging around that they are not using that still has some life to it we would love to talk to you. I may even continue to do it the un-cheating way and use as a back up before giving up and leaving the area. LOL! Is this really cheating?!! We already have a cache ready to hide and follow. You can contact me here or with my email Cokevw2000@yahoo.com Thank you for taking the time to read! Cindy and girls

Edited by cokevw2000

Hey, I have a Geomate Jr., plus the Update Kit for sale. It's almost brand new, only used it 4 times. It is very accurate & easy to use. It's pretty durable too, being made for kids.

New, the Geomate was $69 & the Update kit was $25, for a total of $94. I'm asking $80 for the pair, for a savings of $14. I'll charge actual shipping cost, plus insurance.

Please let me know if you're interested.

I have Triton 200 for sale as I just upgraded to T400. It comes with USB cable but I do not think I have the original box anymore). The screen has few light scratches but they are invisible when GPS is on. It has the better basemap loaded. I bought it new and used to find about 50 caches.

Will sell for $50 shipped (using the $4.95 flat rate box).

Hi, I would recommend you go with the Cachemate Jr. It's specifically designed to be kid friendly and is cheap enough. Also, if you look up mystery caches they can be great for additional opportunities for learning without knowing your learning!! (wink wink) Good Luck