WEBCAM geocache

M.TEX

I found a place near my house with a Webcam and I would like to know if

these type of cache still can be created ?

I found a log from a Cache webcan that was created back in 2002. and I wonder

If new ones can be made. Maybe If I HIDE a NANO where the Camera can catch the Cachers at GZ ?

and Sign the log and SAVE the webcan Picture ....

Let me know what do you guys think.

Thanks

M.TEX

I found a place near my house with a Webcam and I would like to know if

these type of cache still can be created ?

I found a log from a Cache webcan that was created back in 2002. and I wonder

If new ones can be made. Maybe If I HIDE a NANO where the Camera can catch the Cachers at GZ ?

and Sign the log and SAVE the webcan Picture ....

Let me know what do you guys think.

Thanks

M.TEX

Short answer. No, you cannot create a new webcam cache.

Longer answer. No, you still can't create webcam cache and your second idea with a nano may put you in the realm of ALR (additional Logging Requirments) which are also not allowed. You may not require the finder to do anything more then sign the log to log a find.

Thanks Guys

I will work on it.

M.TEX

Take a look at the "Crossroads of the World" cache in New York City. Because there is a physical container at the location it's not a true webcam cache. The cache contains an "I found it" banner and you're asked to take a photo of yourself holding the banner (not a requirement for logging). The CO suggests using one of the nearby webcams for taking the photo but you can use your own camera as well.

The difficulty with a webcam cache is that one has to also call someone that has access to a computer while you're at the location to manipulate the camera and take a photo. One of the first geocachers that I met was telling me about one he did. He got to the area where the webcam was located (which required a short padding in a kayak/canoe) only to discover that he couldn't get cell phone service.

mystery/puzzle cache with a physical container & log book?

the only way to get the final coordinates is posted at a waypoint in view of the camera and posting the pic that you were at that waypoint?

That's an ALR, and not allowed. It would also require that the CO email you the coordinates, which also won't fly.

...and posting the pic that you were at that waypoint?
Wouldn't that be an additional logging requirement?

Logging of All Physical Caches

Geocaches can be logged online as Found once the physical log has been signed.

If it is appropriate for your cache location or theme, you may ask the cache seeker to accomplish an optional and simple task, either close to the cache site (normally within 0.1 miles or 161 meters) or when writing their online log. For example, wear the goofy hat inside the cache container and upload a photograph. Cache finders can choose whether or not to attempt or accomplish optional tasks. Cache owners may not delete the cache seeker's log based solely on optional tasks.

This guideline change applies immediately to all logs written from April 4, 2009 and going forward. Older caches with "additional logging requirements" (ALRs) are not grandfathered under the older guideline. If you own an existing cache with mandatory additional logging requirements, we request that you:

• Cease deleting logs based on additional logging requirements.
  • Review your own cache listing to see if the ALR can be made into an optional and simple task, or whether it must be removed altogether.
  • Adjust your geocache listing by editing the text then contact a reviewer to change the cache type, if appropriate.

the only way to get the final coordinates is posted at a waypoint in view of the camera and posting the pic that you were at that waypoint?

That's an ALR, and not allowed. It would also require that the CO email you the coordinates, which also won't fly.

By that view, a large portion of mystery/puzzles caches would be an ALR and not allowed.

Edited by bramasoleiowa

By that view, a large portion of mystery/puzzles caches would be an ALR and not allowed.

I don't think so. There's a difference between solving something to reveal an answer, and just performing an act to prove you were somewhere.