Coastal Cleanup Day 2010

It's Sept 25th, up and down the California coast.

I'm casually dropping the gauntlet to other coastal Californians, well, heck and anyone else around coasts, waterways, creeks and ponds, to organize a CITO event this Fall, to cleanup after a busy Summer season of use.

I'm coordinating through a local agency, as I did last year - we CITO as geocachers, but they provide information, a brief lecture on hazardous waste situations and haul away what we collect. It's a win-win.

My CITO event should be published soon. Now for a visit to the store for one of those pick-up sticks, they sure are handy when you find 70+ bottles under the briars. :)

I agree with what your saying we as me and wife back 10ys ago did this very same thing with of local lakes ity was alot of fun free fo0d to those who did any clean up and the camp sites was free also we lo0k forward each yr in helpng with the clean up///every one wins :unsure:

Totally excited, I just got the okay from the wife to make the trip to Santa Cruz. Unless something comes up, I'll be attending my first CITO to clean up a beach/park. Yahoo!

Thanks for turning up!

We had quite a good turn out and it made for a great event day in Santa Cruz. I hope you and your family enjoyed your time here. :laughing:

Totally excited, I just got the okay from the wife to make the trip to Santa Cruz. Unless something comes up, I'll be attending my first CITO to clean up a beach/park. Yahoo!

Thanks for turning up!

We had quite a good turn out and it made for a great event day in Santa Cruz. I hope you and your family enjoyed your time here. :D

I'm not sure "enjoyed" is the right word :laughing:

Hell Hole?

f9e29dc3-6715-49a5-9ef4-53465e7f3065.jpg

Thanks for organizing the CITO DragonWest!

Maricopa County did a wonderful job on the shoreline cleanup this year at Lake Pleasant - info booth outside the lake entrance, with bags for trash, gloves, pickup sticks, maps for cleaning up the lake.

I myself was with a dive group, and group (30 or so) removed about 25 large (20 gallon size) of trash from the lake bottom.

As we drove in, there were people cleaning everywhere!!

Thanks for turning up!

We had quite a good turn out and it made for a great event day in Santa Cruz. I hope you and your family enjoyed your time here. ;)

I'm not sure "enjoyed" is the right word :blink:

Hell Hole?

f9e29dc3-6715-49a5-9ef4-53465e7f3065.jpg

Thanks for organizing the CITO DragonWest!

Hey, I recognize that knee! Man, that was so much fun. Thanks Dragonswest for the event, and thanks to the SC locals for the hospitality and adventure. I'll be back there for sure.

How much garbage did we get?

Thanks for turning up!

We had quite a good turn out and it made for a great event day in Santa Cruz. I hope you and your family enjoyed your time here. :blink:

We did. Thank you so much. We'll be back.

Thanks for turning up!

We had quite a good turn out and it made for a great event day in Santa Cruz. I hope you and your family enjoyed your time here. :anitongue:

We did. Thank you so much. We'll be back.

BTW the page changed (rather mysteriously whistle.gif) and you now have 1 of the required 4 cameras, not all need to be of the same date. I think I was still on my way out to you when this was captured by the camera.