Blackberry Bold doesn't load GC.com maps?

nashuan

I just got a Blackberry - my first smart phone. I love that I have access to cache pages in the field now except that when I click "View map" it doesn't load. I get a headder indicating that its retrieving the map and see the circular icon, suggesting that some virtual gopher is hard at work, but the map itself never loads. I've let the phone try to continue loadding the image for 20-minutes and tried choosing the smallest of the three possible map sizes in case that helps, but still no dice.

I did load some kind of Google mapping software which now allows the smaller map to the right side of the cache page to show, but that one only shows the one cache in question and not the others around it; plus I am quite limited to how much I can zoom in on that one.

Any help?????

Get the application Geocache Navigator by Trimble ($19.99 BlackBerry App World) and you'll be able to access maps, compass, radar, hints, logs, descriptions right on your BlackBerry.

As for accessing this site:

The BlackBerry browser leaves a lot to be desired. It's good for mobile sites, not so much with full sites, especially image heavy sites.

Try using uZard Web or Bolt Browser instead for full web sites.

uZard supports Flash. It's beta however and needs some work.

Bolt has been out a while and is very quick and renders sites PC style. Another nice feature of Bolt is you can download a plugin that adds "Open With Bolt" in your BlackBerry menu. Then when you get a link sent by email, SMS, BBM you can highlight the link, press Menu, Open With Bolt. If you download the add on, when you click on links in your email Bolt will launch to open the link. Bolt Plug-In Launcher

i hope the BlackBerry browser is upgraded very soon (webkit).