Just saw a movie and want to know about caches located where they filmed .

I tried to find mentions of caches located near or at where the parts were filmed. Haven't found any threads that deal with this, but I probably could have found something.

Or maybe I am the only one who wants to find a chance near Smilers Point on Road 74, or a cache on Portuguese Point in front of what is left of the Big W!

Has anyone thought about this?

This post could have been more straightforward. But Fans of the movie It's a Mad^4 Movie would help.

Any suggestions for other films while we are at it?

EJKorvette mka Evan

EJKorvette on the boards

That is one of my favorite movies. I would love to see a list of related caches. I know that near Salt Lake City there are quite a few virts from old movie locations so something of the sort may have been done for that movie as well. :blink:

There was something mentioned about this yearrrrrs ago. I remember the Big W being mentioned. Perhaps a search would net something....

That's all I have. :lol:

The Big W, as best I can tell, was located approximately here, on private property:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...mp;t=k&z=17

It doesn't exist as a "W" anymore. As of probably the late '90s or so, only one tree was still in place:

mmwBigWpalm.jpg

There don't appear to be any ITMMMMW caches in the vicinity. There's a traditional a short ways up the road near the parking area for Abolive Cove Shoreline Park, a 3/3 multi a bit to the north and an Earthcache a bit further along Palos Verdes Drive South. None of them appear to have any connection to the movie.

There don't appear to be any ITMMMMW caches in the vicinity. There's a traditional a short ways up the road near the parking area for Abolive Cove Shoreline Park, a 3/3 multi a bit to the north and an Earthcache a bit further along Palos Verdes Drive South. None of them appear to have any connection to the movie.

Here's one (GCX30K) that is a puzzle cache based on the movie, but the cache itself is located in a State forest near Ithaca,NY.

Here's one (GCX30K) that is a puzzle cache based on the movie, but the cache itself is located in a State forest near Ithaca,NY.

Did you say Ithaca, NY? Hmmmm.

Did you say Ithaca, NY? Hmmmm.

Yes, I said Ithaca, NY....not Ithica, NY.

It's where I have lived for the last 16 years.

I tried to find mentions of caches located near or at where the parts were filmed. Haven't found any threads that deal with this, but I probably could have found something.

Or maybe I am the only one who wants to find a chance near Smilers Point on Road 74, or a cache on Portuguese Point in front of what is left of the Big W!

This post could have been more straightforward. But Fans of the movie It's a Mad^4 Movie would help.

Any suggestions for other films while we are at it?

EJKorvette mka Evan

EJKorvette on the boards

There is a series of caches at locations for "Thelma and Louise". Reference GC1DXQZ in California. I haven't done it yet. I was doing a route and came across it. Just a suggestion as long as we're at it. :)