GCF 2010

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

What's going to be considered the official city name for GCF 2010, for those making products for the event, will you be using Minneapolis or Twin Cities? Anyone else have opinions on what's proper, and how about some input from the hosts? I see Twin Cities on the website, but the actual location is Minneapolis. Or I guess it could be Minneapolis/St. Paul. It will look a little silly if there's not a concensus and there are products with three different location names.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

What's going to be considered the official city name for GCF 2010, for those making products for the event, will you be using Minneapolis or Twin Cities? Anyone else have opinions on what's proper, and how about some input from the hosts? I see Twin Cities on the website, but the actual location is Minneapolis. Or I guess it could be Minneapolis/St. Paul. It will look a little silly if there's not a concensus and there are products with three different location names.

don't be giving anybody any ideas :) .

ILYK

don't be giving anybody any ideas :) .

ILYK

Maybe it won't look silly, and I worry too much that I might design something with the wrong name. I know I personally prefer Minneapolis, but I'm not "from there".

Haha, I was driving through Oregon and got on the CB once to warn other truckers of a stalled car on the bridge over the Willamette River, and I got chewed for five solid minutes by some local guy about how it's called the "Will am ut" not the "Will am ette". I just wouldn't want to make a coin with the wrong name on it, and have nobody want one.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Speaking as a local to the area who has lived in both Minneapolis, St. Paul and various other cities. The event is in not, technically, in Minneapolis either. It is in a suburb (Bloomington) right in between both Twin Cities. Either way, I'd recommend going with Twin Cities. Hey wait...does this mean you are attending?

Edited by Zelanzy

The official name is Geocoinfest 2010 - Twin Cities. That has been it's name since last June when we started our proposal. It is what the cache page states, the web pages and it's on the coins that way. It is a little late to be trying to change it.

The Twin Cities encompass our great metropolitan location of two great cities, Mineapolis and St. Paul, lots of surburs and seven counties. Come and check it out!

Edited by GCF2010

The official name is Geocoinfest 2010 - Twin Cities. That has been it's name since last June when we started our proposal. It is what the cache page states, the web pages and it's on the coins that way. It is a little late to be trying to change it.

The Twin Cities encompass our great metropolitan location of two great cities, Mineapolis and St. Paul, lots of surburs and seven counties. Come and check it out!

GREAT!!!

I can finally be at 2 cities at once :blink:

It has taken me years to figure out how to do this.

Count me in for the event for sure.

Speaking as a local to the area who has lived in both Minneapolis, St. Paul and various other cities. The event is in not, technically, in Minneapolis either. It is in a suburb (Bloomington) right in between both Twin Cities. Either way, I'd recommend going with Twin Cities. Hey wait...does this mean you are attending?

I'm trying to work something out. I'm just not in the same position as I was last year. Hopefully I can scrape something up.