Just started a new hotel/swap in Eugene..

mc4some

How long is can tb's hang in hotels ? I understand that all depends on who moves them in your area. We have a few thatmove travel bugs often enough but is it rude to email them and let them know you have some if they may not know about your cache ? Any other suggestions on getting them picked up or moved? Or are they good to just sit for awhile and I will be patient and not overthink it ... lol. We hardly go far so us moving them would be a cpl blocks :)

If a travel bug hotel is in a good spot for the quick and easy exchange of travel bugs, then an empty hotel won't stay empty long. People are always looking for a convenient place to drop bugs off. The owner of a well-placed hotel should actually be pleased if the hotel is occasionally empty, since it shows that the hotel is serving its purpose: to get bugs moving quickly. And if a hotel does stay empty for long periods of time without the cache owner continually raiding other caches to re-stock it, then it's not a good place for a travel bug hotel. - the hermit crabs @ Dec 2 2005,

I'll add that if the bugs sit a long time without moving then it's not a good place for a hotel either.

If a travel bug hotel is in a good spot for the quick and easy exchange of travel bugs, then an empty hotel won't stay empty long. People are always looking for a convenient place to drop bugs off. The owner of a well-placed hotel should actually be pleased if the hotel is occasionally empty, since it shows that the hotel is serving its purpose: to get bugs moving quickly. And if a hotel does stay empty for long periods of time without the cache owner continually raiding other caches to re-stock it, then it's not a good place for a travel bug hotel. - the hermit crabs @ Dec 2 2005,

I'll add that if the bugs sit a long time without moving then it's not a good place for a hotel either.

So I am a spaz cause I have only had the cache going for 7 days today but how long is long sitting without moving ? I have had 3 or 4 thru to swap and plenty of visitor with coins and adding bugs. Currently there are at least 10 and I started with 4 or 5...so a cpl weeks ? Everyone that's came says it's a good spot so maybe a month and then I will have a better feel for how long?

I thinks as long as you have not applied any silly TB trading rules to your cache page, you should be good. probably the only advertising you need is to drop some bugs in there yourself.

Actually I have now edited my cahce because I had requested trade in and then out... which I did leave for the coins...but the bugs are meant for travel so I said take them and go... thanks for the point out...

I thinks as long as you have not applied any silly TB trading rules to your cache page, you should be good. probably the only advertising you need is to drop some bugs in there yourself.

Actually I have now edited my cahce because I had requested trade in and then out... which I did leave for the coins...but the bugs are meant for travel so I said take them and go... thanks for the point out...

I think that my original statment applies for GeoCoins as well. I believe people who actualy release GeoCoins into the wild are wanting them to travel just like a TB.

I think that my original statment applies for GeoCoins as well. I believe people who actualy release GeoCoins into the wild are wanting them to travel just like a TB.

I completely agree although some of the fun with coins is discovering them and getting the icons and their presence... well that's my thrill :) Coins are much harder for me to go out and find to replenish also.. and with people not updating contents in caches when coins are "missing, just hit the missing button please!"... half of caches that say they have coins don't. We take alot of pics with our moving things so that the owner can see where they've been and that they spent some time at a daycare in Eugene, Oregon.

Thanks for your input, I so appreciate the thinking :D

If a traveler sat for 30 days then you might want to consider moving it along.

Check to see if it has some special requirements that might limit who can pick it up or where it can go. If so you can let it sit longer.

That's kind of where my mind was also. I appreciate your input. One of my geodudes has a hotel and his move great so I guess i could also dump them there :) Thanks again

You got some good and bad points

Being in a residential area sometimes turns people off. I personally don't do caches that are in front yards. But that is just me and when I discuss it with friends they sometimes feel uncomfortable. Worry about neighbors.

Close to Beltline road is good. Makes it easy to get to.

Being a PMO cache can cut down on traffic.

You will know in a month or two if this location is working out by the amount of activity. Down the line look at what happens to traffic. After the surge of people who find it because it is new (and not because they are bug or coin hounds) what kind of traffic do you get?

So it's a Geocoin prison! A Geocoin is meant to be move just like a TB. You are putting restriction on someone else's property.

You can request a trade for geocoins but keep in mind it is not enforceable. The froggie's guidelines specifically prohibit that.

As long as it is just a request it should be fine but if you start deleting logs based on just taking a traveler you might find yourself in a bit of a mess with your reviewer (in fact I am surprised that it was approved with that language).

The issue of placing restrictions like that on a Hotel raises some quite heated responses some times.

My TB Stargate contains the following

Treat it like a buffet. Take all you want. Log all you take.

Edited by Walts Hunting

this might seem like a silly question but have you actually checked on the cache to see if the ones that are listed there really are? I have a travel bug "rest stop" no restrictions on bugs or coins and I am pretty clear about that in the cache description but I have had so many problems in the short time it has been there with people coming and taking bugs and not logging them out that I've made it for Premium Members only and added a pretty terse reprimand to the description for people that don't log the bugs they take out. When I placed the cache it was not my intent for it to be a place for thieves to come and harvest coins and bugs from. Some premium members are thieves as well but at least I am able to see who they migh tbe now by checking the audit log...

I am assuming you are asking me about checking and I do every month or so plus there are a couple of coin hounds that are always going by to discover stuff and they put in their logs if anything is missing.

I have had four of five disappear over the years but missing travelers is part of the hobby and I don't get upset about it. I don't see any reason to go through a bunch of changes because of what other people do that I have no control over.

As I always say there is nothing in this hobby that can't be handled with two margaritas.