Eastern North Carolina Cachers?

ScottJ

I've just moved from the Atlanta region, where you can't get from your office to your car without tripping over three Geocaches, to New Bern, North Carolina, where Geocaching feels almost the way it did when I first started in 2001. I'm kind of excited about getting back into the sport, but fewer caches means there are fewer cachers, too.

I looked up an organization called Down East Geocachers, but it appears that the organization never went anywhere; their web sites haven't been updated since 2008.

Does anyone know of a Geocaching organization in or near Eastern North Carolina? I'm thinking folks in Raleigh, Durham, Greensboro, and Charlotte are not getting to this area very often, so it would be nice to have a local club. If there isn't one, I'm willing to help start one!

Any thoughts or ideas, anyone?

Cities I'm near include Havelock, Greenville, Kinston, Jacksonville, Morehead City, James City, Bridgeton, Fairfield Harbour, Vanceboro, Dover, Pollocksville, Grantsboro, and Bayboro.

Edited by ScottJ

(( Pinned: Geocaching Organizations in South and Southeast. ))

Hi. Max. Yes, I'm aware that it's best to search before posting, and I had already read that entire thread. That's how I found the one (apparently defunct) organization I mentioned. I'm posting here because my search was unproductive, and because I'm hoping someone here might be in my area and know something.

Thanks!