GPS Coordinates Conversion Software

Is there a coordinates conversion I can download or buy somewhere? I use the one on each GC page but I have to be online to do it. I'm looking for one I can save to my laptop so I can use it anytime. I use MS S&T's and it uses a different style coords than what is displayed on GC pages.

Is there a coordinates conversion I can download or buy somewhere? I use the one on each GC page but I have to be online to do it. I'm looking for one I can save to my laptop so I can use it anytime. I use MS S&T's and it uses a different style coords than what is displayed on GC pages.

Download and use on your WINDOWS laptop. Free, thanks to a fellow cacher. FizzyCalc

Your GPS will do the conversion.

1) Set it up to use the datum &/or format of the coordinates you have.

2) Create a waypoint with those coordinates.

3) Set it up to use the desired datum &/or format.

4) Look at the coordinates it now displays for that waypoint.

On the few occasions I've needed to convert, that's done the job for me.

What conversion are you trying to do? Most of them are fairly easy to do yourself

DD MM SS → DD MM.mmm

SS÷60=.mmm

etc.

I'm not famailiar with what they are called, but S&T's only accepts decimal coords I think.

Screen shot of the S&T's lat/lon search;

StreetTrips.jpg

This one is from right here on GC.com's conversion feature.

I use the coords highlighted in the yellow box.

GCcomconversions.jpg

The online part is what I'm trying to get away from. I use the conversion here at GC now and it works just fine. Just lookin for one I can use anytime. I don't always have online access when I need to do a conversion.

I use FizzyCalc for UTM/LatLong but when I want to get into and out of State Plane Coordinates in various datums (27 & 83) I use CorpsCon which is also a freebie from The US Army Corps of Engineers http://bit.ly/cT1zKS

Oh my... Ya gotta speak english to me man... LOL I think the FizzyCalc is gonna work for me.

Your GPS will do the conversion.

1) Set it up to use the datum &/or format of the coordinates you have.

2) Create a waypoint with those coordinates.

3) Set it up to use the desired datum &/or format.

4) Look at the coordinates it now displays for that waypoint.

On the few occasions I've needed to convert, that's done the job for me.

I've found where to change the different coords on my GPSr, but I need to copy/paste 'em to the "find" box in S&T's.

What conversion are you trying to do? Most of them are fairly easy to do yourself

DD MM SS → DD MM.mmm

SS÷60=.mmm

etc.

I'm not famailiar with what they are called, but S&T's only accepts decimal coords I think.

Screen shot of the S&T's lat/lon search;

Obviously my "easy" solution will not work with any Datum, UTM, or British Grid system. Only between decimal/seconds etc.