Just ordered my first Travel Bugs

Guest E=Mc2

I am very active in the whole www.wheresgeorge.com site with over 21,000 bills entered. well while out in Vegas a few weeks ago I found my first Travel bug. Now what I did not know is it was from the east coast and I brought it back with me, but it has me hooked on the whole Travel Bug idea. It is sort of like wheresgeorge but with geocaching.

Just wanted to say that I am hooked and might have to revisit all 67 caches I have found to place some bugs here and there.

Peace and Have Fun!!!!

E=Mc²

P.S. A family that I have become friends with through geocaching has just found their 415th cache( all on east coast). Too bad they do not post on the forums, but they use the name CCCooper Agency and RealBug.

[This message has been edited by E=Mc2 (edited 03 February 2002).]

Guest Agent Splat

, and just got them. I'm glad they come with a copy...otherwise they'd be too cool to let loose.

By the way, you do realize that its YOUR fault I got into geocaching, right?

Fellow Georger and Cacher,

--Agent Splat

Sorry to get you hooked on geocaching. If it helps I got hooked by another georger as well. The moment I saw what it was about I went to Wal-mart and bought a GPS. Maybe in the spring or summer I will find one of your cache(s).

Peace and Have Fun!!!!

E=Mc²

Guest Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by Clay:

Welcome to the addiction. "Hi, my name is....I'm a geocacher.

Just released my first TB, called Beach Bum, three tags left and still trying to decide what traveller to attach to the next one, whethe I want it to have a goal and, if so, what!

One thing I miss for the TB page is an option to list the names of travel bugs and see what names have already been used. Also, it would be nice to be able to link to the page for other TBs, to see where they've been and what other people have selected as travellers. I've looked at the pictures, of course, but at 600+ (and increasing) it's a bit daunting to page through and there don't seem to be links to the TBs page.

--... ...--

Morseman

My name is Morseman, I'm a geocacher and a geodasher.

Sorry son, there's nothing we can do for you.

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by Clay:

E=Mc2, remember, add a laminated tag to the travel bug telling people to keep it moving and to log their find. I have had 4 bugs taken and kept.

Strangely enough, I've had a "trinket" turned into a TB by someone else. Mind you, that way round is obviously a better feeling.

I missed seeing a bug in a cache, and happened to be the next person to log a find on the internet.

Maybe, if I'd been more awake, I should have logged a 'not found'? Which then begs the question, should there be a 'found but not taken' option where you decide, for some reason, not to take a TB on?

--... ...--

Morseman

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest Webfoot

T-bugs are so cool. What's frustrating about them, imo, is I don't think people understand how to log them correctly.

I've been watching many of them in the local area and two have entered my cache that I have that I can see from my back yard. I was aware of neither because they never showed up on the log.

I got my T-bugs about two weeks ago and have already set on free. It was picked up the next day and supposedly is headed north of me, so that's cool. It's on it's way. The other three are still in the works.

On a side note. Would anyone advise as to where you'd place a T-Bug? My opinion is the place it in established caches to avoid the swoopers that sometimes come down on brand new caches. Any thoughts?

I know some people go and get bugs to place in new caches they hide to help attract cachers to it. I see nothing wrong with this. An experienced cacher dwould more likly go to a new cache to pick up a bug than a cache he/she has already logged. With it in an older cache, a newer cacher who is possibly less versed in how bugs operate may pick it up.

Guest Webfoot

I've thought about doing that - going back to a previous cache.

Is it just me or does it appear that the caches you've already visited are the ones that get travel bugs in them?

I have one out, three more to go.

We get both up here. I have gone back to caches I had found in the past, both to pick up bugs and to place them. The ones I placed in previously visited caches fit the theme of that cache. cool.gif