Farewell to Bunkerdave

BlueRajah

I just wanted to take a moment and say farewell to Bunkerdave. One of the icons of Utah caching.

He is off to Arizona.. and we will miss him here and wish him well. He has Been a cacher since April 2001. I think he said he still owns a few of the original T-shirts that Jeremy sold to pay for geocaching in the early days.

He also placed the 100th cache (so old forum records say).

Here is a link to one of our UTAG newsletters with an interview with him.. so those that want to get to know him can.

We wish him the best of luck, and can't help thinking how lucky AZ is.

I just wanted to take a moment and say farewell to Bunkerdave. One of the icons of Utah caching.

He is off to Arizona.. and we will miss him here and wish him well. He has Been a cacher since April 2001. I think he said he still owns a few of the original T-shirts that Jeremy sold to pay for geocaching in the early days.

He also placed the 100th cache (so old forum records say).

Here is a link to one of our UTAG newsletters with an interview with him.. so those that want to get to know him can.

We wish him the best of luck, and can't help thinking how lucky AZ is.

The loss to Utah is a gain to Arizona. The good news is that Bunkerdave is still within the gc community. Such is the case for Tahosa (from Colorado) when he migrated down to the state of intense sunshine.

I was just in here looking for discussions about the "orange sticker bandit" (I just "found" another cache that has been replaced by a sticker) and found this thread. Thanks very, very much for the warm welcome. I've happened upon a few cachers already, just out about - caching - needless to say. I have really been enjoying caching here in AZ.

I am very concerned about these stickers, but I hope my concern can be alleviated by more information. Has the AZ government decided that caches are litter? Are we really "breaking the law" by placing and maintaining caches? I looked up the statute ARS 13-1620, and while it certainly COULD be applied to geocaches, I have never heard of this being done, except way back in the day in Boulder, CO.

Can anyone who knows anything e-mail me at jeepnski@gmail.com? I'd like to get involved in any efforts to remedy this. Truly saddened by this.

bd