Star Wars cache game

nyisutter

Anyone interested in putting together a Star Wars Cache game? The legistics may be a bit complicated, but could also be a lot of fun. What I had in mind was that people in different areas would plant certain caches and different people would also start certain travelers out. For example we could have Tatooine (which I am planning now), Alderaan, and Yavin caches. And travelers could be LUke, Leah, Death Star and X wing fighters. Luke would start in Tatooine, the X wing would be planted at Yavin. Leah and the Death Star could start anywhere. But they must cross paths at some point and travel together to Alderaan. The person who gets them both to Alderaan could "destroy" the cache. (They could maybe keep it or maybe the owner could archive it and retrieve it.) Leah and the Death Star would then seperate and travel on separate paths to Yavin. Once Leah and LUke arrive both arrive at Yavin, the X wing and Luke could then leave that cache and try to catch up with the Death Star to "destroy it". Just a starter idea, which could be simplified or expanded upon depending on interest. Ultimately we could set up senarios for each episode. Anyone game to coordinate plans for something like this?

Hi,

I like the idea of planets. Let's see...

Tatooine

Alderaan

Yavin

Hoth

Dagobah

Naboo

Coruscant

Bespin (Cloud City)

Endor

Geonosis

Kamino

That's more planets than I originally thought! icon_eek.gif

The question I had was do we want "planet" caches to be in locations that are similar to the planets in question? For instance, I could see San Francisco as a good Bespin because of the Cloud City aspect. Tatooine....Phoenix. New York would be a good Coruscant. Detroit would be a good Geonosis (Droid factory).

This is probably a bit much, but why not?

icon_confused.gif

-Dean

-Deano

Hi,

I like the idea of planets. Let's see...

Tatooine

Alderaan

Yavin

Hoth

Dagobah

Naboo

Coruscant

Bespin (Cloud City)

Endor

Geonosis

Kamino

That's more planets than I originally thought! icon_eek.gif

The question I had was do we want "planet" caches to be in locations that are similar to the planets in question? For instance, I could see San Francisco as a good Bespin because of the Cloud City aspect. Tatooine....Phoenix. New York would be a good Coruscant. Detroit would be a good Geonosis (Droid factory).

This is probably a bit much, but why not?

icon_confused.gif

-Dean

-Deano

I'm not a Star Wars geek (Thank Chob!) but whenever I hear about planet Naboo, I think of Nauvoo Illinois. It's a very cool city. You might incorporate that town into your game.

By the way, several days ago I saw Phantom Menace, and then that afternoon we say Attack of the Clones. I have seen none of the other Star Wars movies... I plan to watch them in order... Too bad they probably won't be re-re-released to the theatres after part III comes out.

Jamie

Yes, Docto. I actually had that in mind too. Although my tatooine will not be placed in the desert, I plan to hide it in a park with a huge sand pit for a playground. But I was thinking it would be cool to have Cooresant in NY, etc. But if someone is willing to place a planet and doesn't live in an area like that planet, then still feel free to go for it. Or try to do something to tie it in, like my sand pit. My Tatooine cache is also stocked full of items that relate to Tatooine. But everyone could just play with the idea and do what they want. Now, if I could just find time to get my cache hidden! Hopefully this weekend.

I have planned a set of 6 Star Wars themed caches called the Jedi Tests. I had been planning this about a month and a half and have some good prizes and stuff like that for the first to the caches. I found Dagobah this morning but couldn't put it there right now. Star Wars is an awesome idea for some caches. The first jedi test is here http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=27640

Hey gang I am going to have to delay starting Leah on her journey for a couple of weeks or so....My wife was hospitalized today for testing ..we are not sure what is wrong but she was having mini stroke symptoms...Sorry for the delay but as soon as I can get her better I will start Leah... icon_confused.gif

Hey gang I am going to have to delay starting Leah on her journey for a couple of weeks or so....My wife was hospitalized today for testing ..we are not sure what is wrong but she was having mini stroke symptoms...Sorry for the delay but as soon as I can get her better I will start Leah... icon_confused.gif

Cool. There are lots of good ideas here. Who is the official leader/coordinator/project manager of this thing? nyisutter?

With so many possibilities and participants, I humbly think that there needs to be one person in charge to help sort things out and tell us the decicions. Yes?

-----

froggy.gif You must be present to win.

I guess that would be me icon_smile.gif.

Not a lot of rules. But I do think that all travelers and planets should be labeled as part of the Star Wars Cache Game to distinguish them from the many clones floating around in caches.

Travelers should also have a clear set of goals attatched.

I don't want to act as the Emperor here. Am welcome to ideas and suggestions. But I agree that we probably need to have some consistancy.

I guess that would be me icon_smile.gif.

Not a lot of rules. But I do think that all travelers and planets should be labeled as part of the Star Wars Cache Game to distinguish them from the many clones floating around in caches.

Travelers should also have a clear set of goals attatched.

I don't want to act as the Emperor here. Am welcome to ideas and suggestions. But I agree that we probably need to have some consistancy.

nyisutter, maybe you or someone else should create a central webpage somewhere describing the project and listing all the caches and bugs involved (including their current status).

This sounds like a fun project, and we may be interested in maintaining a cache in the San Francisco area-- Bespin? But we're reluctant to volunteer unless/until we can find a suitable place for a new cache.

colleen

Dralasites: biological, not geological.

From the posts so far, here is where we stand. Correct me if I have anything incorrect. I am open to ideas about a battle between Luke and DarthV. I have seen other travlers that state that the traveler with the most logs wins (once they land in same cache.)

First, the travelers are (with owners in parentheses):

Leia (IWILLFIND)

DarthV (Dilbert)

Luke (nyisutter)

The Planets:

Tatooine (nyisutter)

Alderaan (Docto)

Yavin (still need a volunteer)

Goals:

Leia:

1. Land in same caches as Darth V

2. Travel together to Alderaan

3. Land in same cache as Luke

4. Seperate from DarthV, travel with Luke to Yavin

LUke:

1. Land in same cache as Leia and DarthV

2. Separate from DarthV and travel with Leia to Yavin

3. Leave Yavin and try to land in Cache with DarthV

DarthV:

1. Land in same cache as Leia

2. Travel with Leia to ALderaan

3. Destroy Alderaan. (Contact owner to archive cache.)

4. Travel with Leia until Luke rescues her by landing in same cache.

5. Try to defeat Luke.

My thoughts exactly. Was just thinking a web page for the game is in order. Unfortunately, I am web design challenged. I can supply ideas, but getting them on a page is another story! I was thinking of asking the webmaster for our local geocaching association to help me and then link from our main webpage. But if anyone here is willing to help build a page, just let me know.

quote:
Originally posted by nyisutter:

My thoughts exactly. Was just thinking a web page for the game is in order. Unfortunately, I am web design challenged. I can supply ideas, but getting them on a page is another story! I was thinking of asking the webmaster for our local geocaching association to help me and then link from our main webpage. But if anyone here is willing to help build a page, just let me know.

I can do a webpage for you if you want... just let me know. icon_smile.gif But maybe there are benefits to working with your local group, such as extra publicity, or a shared interface. You may want to look into it.

Colleen

quote:
Originally posted by nyisutter:

I can do a webpage for you if you want... just let me know. icon_smile.gif But maybe there are benefits to working with your local group, such as extra publicity, or a shared interface. You may want to look into it.

Colleen

Thanks for the offer. I did get an offer from our association too. Maybe you can help me maintain the site as we add more pieces to the game.

If you do find a good spot for Bespin, that would be great. Obviously, Bespin won't play a part in this senario. But, I am hoping that we can plant all the Star Wars planets so that the doors open up to play senarios from each episode.

I would love to get my Ep2 Anakin and Obiwan in a senario too, but that would mean adding 4 more planets. So, we will just take it one step at a time.

For what it's worth, the Imperial Data Cache is a dead ringer for Endor, the Ewok moon.

It could also be mistaken for the trash compactor in ''A New Hope,'' I suppose.

'''I wonder what Latitude or Longitude I've got to?' (Alice had no idea what Latitude was, or Longitude either, but thought they were nice grand words to say.)'' -- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Ok, I can't get that link to work here. I got it to work on my travel bug page, but it isn't happening here! If anyone else can do it, feel free to post it. Thanks! And while your at it, can you tell me how to do links on the forums?

Last time I tried deleting my post cause the tag wouldn't work, the whole thread dissapeared! Hence my "test" post to bring it out of hiding.

If you want to plant an x-wing, you can. However, after thinking on it, I realized that it is probably not a good idea to plant one until Luke is actually in Yavin, otherwise someone will probably take it before Luke is ready to fly. I found a Luke X-wing pilot figure, so that even if we don't have his vehicle to fly with, we have the idea. So, up to you, if you want to start a traveler, just let me know so I can have my webmaster add that to the page. Of course we will be quite lucky if our travelers make it that far and it could probably take awhile for any of them to make it to Yavin, so we have plenty of time to think about the x-wing.

Thanks for volunteering for Yavin!

Would someone be willing to plant a Death Star Cache? Since we no longer have a Death Star traveler, having a cache would give somewhere definite for LUke and DarthV to do battle.

I have also decided to make a contest out of the final battle. Whichever traveler has the most cache logs by the time they reach the final cache, wins the battle.

Go ahead and place Luke in any cache right now. Leia is not yet been placed and she and DarthV must be together and have destoyed Alderaan before Luke can meet up with them. Luke will actually never go to Alderaan because the cache will be "destroyed"-archived before LUke can get there.

Luke also needs to get some logs under his belt so that the rebel alliance can win the final battle.

LUke and Tatooine kind of had a head start because I had them planned before the game idea was ever brought up. So while we hope the other pieces will be in place soon, we do need to give them a little time to get placed well.

The Episode 4 "A New Hope" scenario is up and running. All the pieces are in place. You can watch the game progress atStar Wars Cache Game Page.

I am now working on getting the Episode 6 "Return of the Jedi" scenerio set up. We are doing that one before Episode 5 because most of the planets of 6 are already set up. There will be several oppurtunities to get involved in this scenario if you are interested. As soon as I get the scenario written and the goals for each bug written, I will be accepting volunteers for players.

I can do one of two things: Keep him 'til I go to NC in December (around Christmas) and place him in a cache there. That's between Leia and Alderon. Great place to pick up the girl. It will also keep the number of cache hits low so that Luke can prevail in the forthcoming battle.

The Dark Side feels the force....

Of course, I could just release him here in Texas and see what the Force does with DarthV. icon_biggrin.gif

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!